A Flash Developer Resource Site

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: [RESOLVED] Streaming 5meg MP3 through 67k flash file

I'll give it a try

Moderator,

I'm going through this dialog now and will give it a try. I want to make a stand-alone Flash projector that will call up MP3.swf files and play then on command *in a hidden layer*. Hopefully, I'll be able to control the sound. Have you checked out HeavyRadio @ http://www.heavy.com? I wonder if they're doing the same thing here?

Peace,

-nvp

Senior Moderator ®
    FK´s Banning Machine ™

Hi and welcome to Flashkit

Nope , i haven´t seen it before and im not sure what action thay have used .

If you would like better answrers about projectors you should post in the Stand alone section .

P.S to both of you http://www.were-here.com/forums/show...threadid=59773 I remembered this

I'm going to build a projector that pulls in 18x18 .swfs over HTTP in lyr20. I'll post up a reply here with results. Thanks for your help

cyberup

Cool That sounds interesting mate

Please keep me informed if you can.
    Cheers
    Craig

Post okay

No problem.

I've built a couple projectors *Mac/PC* that pull in 18x18 audio.swf files into layer20 of the resident projector. I'm getting it to work, but it has its fair share of bugs. I hope to clean them out. I'll post something up tomorrow 4
    /12. You can download it and see for yourself. Untill tomorrow.....

resolved

Okay.

So yesterday I was working on a flash player that will download these 18x18 transparent MP3.swf into them. Check out the link below to see it. I've also posted up the projector for it. I want to built a flash projector that will grab MP3.swfs over the Web from someone's desktop, not from within the browser. It's strange, but when you download the projector and run it, sometimes the player just freezes, and usually the tracks will begin to stop playing one by one. I would love any feedback from any of you. Hopefully someone out there has built something like this and might know of the intricacies of Flash in a projector.

Thanks.

-nvp

http://66.70.129.73/nirav/flash_test...ayer_test.html

cyberup

2nd Stage? Controling my Stream?

Hello, I am not sure if this post worked previously so here it is again.
    My sound.swf stream works fine now ... but ... I have a link to another site from my own in a popup window and that site has a wav file loop on it, when this page is opened I get a mad mix of sound from my site and theirs, I need to put a note near the link to disable the sound on my site before accessing this link etc, would a 'CLEOPLAYER1' (this suits my site with little mods) be able to control my external sound.swf..I have noticed that the cleoplayer only edits 'Tracks' that are within the movie???
    can it be adapted to edit a streaming external .swf file?
    OR is there another way to go about this, I really don't want to have just a kill switch for the sound I would like people to be able to turn it back on if they want?

any help is good help as always

Cheers
    craig

cyberup

Hmmm I guess it worked twice

Sorry guys for the double post ..sheesh.

The cleoplayer can be got here,

http://flash.onego.ru/html/laboratory.html

anyone know if this can be modified to play and pause etc the external sound.swf file

Hey guys,

fist: don't know if i'm entering this great discussion at the right time ;-)

- i know how to stream a full! mp3 easily ...
    - i know how to start/stop an external swf with this full
    mp3 song, playing over the whole movie
    - i know how to change between different songs (full mp3s)

??????? BUT ;-) how do i get flash to stream faster (means smaller bits/seconds), so that the file begins earlier after being activated (no prob with dsl or fast isdn but with slower connections *smile* ?????????????????????????????????

has anybody of u still questions to the three things i know (above) ... sorry, but haven't read all (i'm very tired ;-)
    and could anyone help me with the question

Senior Moderator ®
    FK´s Banning Machine ™
    If you use streamed sound you cant forece your file to stream faster . Please take a look at my new tips and tricks page and learn how to stream the very best way : http://www.gmf.as/tips/tipsntricks.html . I know you will find the answere there
    [Edited by GmF on 04-18-2001 at 07:51 AM]

Smile ;-)

cool new site GmF ... only know your old version

... your link didn't work - will look arround in your site ...

... i thought some setting in flash will do

... logic of streaming - if bits/frameamount is smaler, it will start earlier - that was my thought

... let's see ... but i have another prob ... will post it elsewhere, but if u can answer:

flash5 bug: exporting txt in .html and also don't really fit - i know to manage it by editing the html - but how to avoid??? do we need a patch from macromedia???

cu

cyberup

Back to the original question......? thread hogs ..lol

Hello, I am not sure if this post worked previously so here it is again.
    My sound.swf stream works fine now ... but ... I have a link to another site from my own in a popup window and that site has a wav file loop on it, when this page is opened I get a mad mix of sound from my site and theirs, I need to put a note near the link to disable the sound on my site before accessing this link etc, would a 'CLEOPLAYER1' (this suits my site with little mods) be able to control my external sound.swf..I have noticed that the cleoplayer only edits 'Tracks' that are within the movie???
    can it be adapted to edit a streaming external .swf file?
    OR is there another way to go about this, I really don't want to have just a kill switch for the sound I would like people to be able to turn it back on if they want?

any help is good help as always

Cheers
    craig

Senior Moderator ®
    FK´s Banning Machine ™
    aurin, link = fixed .

cyberup

anyone got any ideas?

Ideas people ..I need a way o make cleoplayer 1 play external.swf .. is it impossible?

maybe

hi cyber,

i just looked into the cleoplayer ...
    what about editing just the tracks mc like this:

- keep all but kill the tracks 1,2,3 or more and put a loadmovie action to the frames with the labels (track 1,2,3)

... i think this might be the first and most simple step to your aim (don't have time to test) ...

... the prob will be to stop them ... or not - try it for me! please ;-)

cu, zero (aurin)

cyberup

Thanx for the reply

I will try it and let you know how I managed ..it may take me a little bit as I am still a newbie and travel slower then some here..LOL