A Flash Developer Resource Site

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: plz read...

thats the spirit rene. but only the chics usually call me animal...................heheheheh

no i want reply to that one animal

adn fiery can you tell me how i can animate my drawings so i looks like 3D ??? the way i am doing it is like making a cartoon drawing the character on a angle´s is this right or isd there a other way more easier way ??

u mean like the ones in video games? that's what i'm working on right now...3D people... i'm trying to figure it all out too ^_^ as to making 2D look 3D, shading helps...make the shadows a darker version of the same color...i'm doing some animation right now, and i'm drawing out all the different images of the face when moving from one position to another...i'm also seeking an easier way so can't help ya there...sorry...
    [Edited by fierystars on 08-04-2000 at 09:09 AM]

hmm okay .. but thanks anyway maybe there are some ppl on this board who know ... SO HEY DUDES AND DUDETERETS help me read my post above and pls help me

Hey, reen,
    if you're having troubles drawing a character in 3d or perspective, it sometimes helps to make a small model (maquette?) out of sculpey clay or another easy-to-mold compound. This way you can turn it in any direction and get an idea of where all the parts should be.

Hi chris

thank you ... but if try to build a model it would look like gafield .. and i don´t want to animate him

good idea ...but i don´t think i could use ... cause my modeling scillz are even worse than my drawing scillz
    but thank you ..u brought me an idea .. i ask some friends of mine if they won´t stay model for me

Doesn't necessarily need to be a true-to-life or even to scale model - just having something in 3d will help you get an idea of perspective and how you want shadows to fall.
    If you're doing human figures and have a 3d program, there's lots of free models all over the Internet which would help you with this. (Particularly the human animation program Poser)

cool if you got an url for that post it please or mail me or icq me 20705367 ... baaahh your already on my list )

cause im stuck in work and don´t really have the time to start looking and on the other if you have a link why look for one yepp i am one off the laziest fellas around ...ask my mom

One of my favs for human lighting and shadowing is the wooden man. These are simple wood models of people that have alot of joints they are usually about 8 -10 inches tall and can really really help to get the feel for how a person can move. These are pretty common and should be availible at any decent art supply store. Plus they look pretty cool sitting on shelf, I have mine doing a dragon punch ( SHINKU!! )

FK Junkie
    http://www.curiouslabs.com/ <--curent owner of poser. They recently aquired poser from metacreations so a copy could be hard to find.

I could export a poser model for you if you have a 3d program that will handle the .3ds format, but it obviously wont bend or pose so having a copy of Poser would be preferrable. I also have the poser4 demo, so if you can't find it on the curious labs web site, then I can upload it somewhere for you to download.

But, once again, an original copy of poser, or even a wood figure like Mugen talked about, would be preferable.

wow wow thank you i feel like a sweet little child everybody wants to help getting over the street !!!

thx folks ;p