A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Best way to make a left side-top corner bg?

Yes, I know that's a confusing subject header, but you should see how it looks in my head!!

What I want to make is one of the borders/images that goes on the left of the screen and the towards the top it curves and makes a right turn. They usually look kind of beveled as well.

My programs include, Photoshop 5&6, Painstshop Pro 6&7, Illustrator, Freehand, Fireworks, CorelDraw 8-10.

Any clues as to which program would do this best, and what is the best technique.

Yep..have newbie all over my forehead (sorry my crayon slipped!)

Betty

Are you talking about a page curl effect?

No, not the page curl. I'm trying to find a site with a good example of what I mean. Here is a not so good site, but it will give you an idea of what I mean by corner image:

http://www.shawgrp.com/index3.cfm

Also, some of the fla files here have some metallic looking corners that slide down at an angle.

I'm sorry this is being put so vague and confusing. Have you ever had an idea in your head, that you just can't seem to write out or describe?!?

Betty

hey betty,
    u can try that by just making a plain layer of the shape in a seperate layer and then goto layes effects in layers , and select bevel and emboss, all these things in photoshop 6

-love,pf