A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: mac user

why can't i open any of the movies that peoples submit?
    is it different between mac and pc flash files? and also i can't submit any of my movies, is there any way to do it?

If you're open swf file on a mac, but they were created on a PC, you must open them up in your browser (IE or Netscape). First open you browser and hit File>> Open then find the file and open it. That should play the file just fine. You won't be able to just double click or open it in the Flash player.

This works the other way around to. If you create a swf movie and send to a PC user, they must open your file in their browser.

Hope this helps.

FK Junkie
    Hi ,

If you are having troubles with the .zip files, check out our tools section. I don't have any experience with them (I use a PC), but I have heard both stuffit expander, and flash typer work well.

the .swf files work just fine, the problem that I mention before is about the .fla files (source files)

I use Flash 4, and I only download Flash 4 source file so it supposed to be working,

Is it possible that Mac and PC has a different flash file format (that seems impossible to me)

hi Wisnuadi! I'm on a Mac and i have no problems opening any files. What you need is call "Flash Typer" It's a utility that transforms both Flas and SWFs in the Mac format. It's free and it's somewhere here on Flashkit (do a search i don't remember the exact location... )
    G.

open downloaded fla files in mac

hey Wisnuadi!

1) open flash
    2) chose open file, chose format "all files" (last one on the list)
    3) there it is...

i dont need any other programs to my mac...

cu /David