A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: MS word into flash

If I push in a button I want a word.doc to be openend in word. What is the link for that?
    I prefer to embedded into flash?
    Thanx

Senior Moderator
    Defender of the Faith

Cool

Just type in the url of the docutment into the url window ie. www.yoursite.com/word.doc this should cause the default text program to launch. Regards,Bill

Smile

thanx, I knew that one. But the prob is, they want me to use flash for a presentation without browser,only the standalone player... so what I've tried it all; to link it to a map like : ../../word.doc. It doesnt work.haha Thanx anyway. (flashkit rules)

Senior Moderator
    Defender of the Faith

If you want to launch programs from a standalone player your going to need a little program called jugglar by ***********.com t will allow you to launch other programs from the standalone. If the future if you have questions about standalone players make sure to specifiy that becaues it has totaly different soulutions. Regards, Bill

------------------
    Macromedians 1:1

In the beginning the web was without shape and color, and the hype covered the darkness of the net. Then there was a Flash and life came to the web and vision became reality.

[This message has been edited by Pope de Flash (edited 11 March 2000).]