A Flash Developer Resource Site

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: anyone seen a good movie lately???

is it just me or are all the films being dumped on us at the moment complete pap?

i thought i would take some time off and go see a nice film this weekend, but i couldn't find anything, all the good stuff cam eout weeks ago and i've seen it!!!

poo

Well, I saw About Adam which I thought was very funny. A bit slow at the start, but.. quirky. Nice.

Going to see bridget jones diary as I'm a big fan of the books (Pleaasee dont let the film suck, pleaasee dont let it suck..), and Miss Conge.. cause it looks funny.

Also looking forward to Along Came a Spider, as I'm a biig fan of those books too - I cant wait for Violets are blue.. the ending to Roses are red is too cruel!

Please dont let that suck either - Kiss the girl the movie was lame, and Along came.. is such a good story.

Anyway. Hope this helps.

I Liked Final Destination... uMMmMm... I like a few others I forget which ones!

don't know the about adam one, i saw a film called 'chuck and buck' on video recently, that was good in a weird way...

if i get desperate i'll go and see the latest sandra bullock film

ahhh, sandra, does your talent know no bounds??

Originally posted by aversion
    don't know the about adam one
    Hmm, its a BBC film release.. they've opened it quite quietly, but its nice.

Course, you're probably not in england.. so..

FK Times - Editor in Chief
    My Good Little Birdie

Pearl Harbor looks awesome - but if youre not a fan of war movies then go with heartbreakers. seen almost every movie out right now and it is the best, although not that great.

Originally posted by Lauradot
    don't know the about adam one
    Hmm, its a BBC film release.. they've opened it quite quietly, but its nice.

Course, you're probably not in england.. so..
    hmm, i AM in england, in cultural brighton!! hehe, i'm surprised i haven't heard of this, i'm usually pretty up on things like this. I'll have to check out if it's playing down here anywhere, you would recommend it?

the last half-good film i saw was enemy at the gates, i was salivating over the sets on that movie, i love that bombed factory look, great scenery, poor flick.

UN: pearl harbour does look cool in the trailer but i am so afraid of american historical films... i will be surprised if pearl harbour isn't more jingoistic, tub-thumping, 'patriotic' pap with great fx...

On DVD? Just seen the Cell - that was wierd but good.

well i enjoyed michael douglas in 'wonder boys' - it has a midlife crisis feel to it, but it's a movie that comes together in the end. that final destination flic was only good at the movies, very suspenseful.

Welcome to flavour country
    don't know the about adam one, i saw a film called 'chuck and buck' on video recently, that was good in a weird way...
    Yeah, that was an odd movie. I didn't know whether to feel sorry for Buck, or cheer for him.

Wonder Boys was excellent, one of the best movies I've seen in a while. Human Traffic was pretty entertaining in a high energy sort of way. Girlfight is also excellent.
    In the theatres, the last thing I saw was Enemy at the Gates which was good as well. It was refreshing to see a war movie which didn't concern the Americans.

What's the temperature dude?
    Remember the titans is a great movie...

FK Doctor of Love
    I don't know why, cuz I really don't like those "chick flick" movies, but the other night I couldn't stop watching Where the Heart Is with Ashley Judd and Natalie Portman...

it has some really good life lessons...

Ashley Judd is also very hot, which doesn't hurt

is it just me or are all the films being dumped on us at the moment complete pap?
    Have to agree with u on that one aversion - Complete pap at the mo - I went to see that Keanu Reeves film (cant remember it, it was so crap) and I tjust thought it was a movie for makinga movie. Know what i mean?

Hannibal although had one the most extroardinary and memorable scenes in film history i thought - If u've seen it, ull know what Im on about

i watched sleepy hollow again last night, that put me in a better mood, i love that film!!! Great visuals and johnny depp is such a dude, i love it when he's pushing the kid in front of him!! My girlfriend likes him for other reasons but then so does every other woman i know....

great flick though!!

I went to see Enemy of the gate and loved it, but you have to appreciate war films. Enjoy!

xxx

I just saw Blow last night and it was amazing. Although, being 'drug free', it made me wanna do drugs and participate in illegal operations.

:End

The mexican

Is the last movie I saw and it was pretty good

Re: xxx

Originally posted by xJDx
    I just saw Blow last night and it was amazing. Although, being 'drug free', it made me wanna do drugs and participate in illegal operations.

:End
    really?? I heard that it was supposed to make drugs look like a bad idea in the end (which of course they are kids)... though i saw one bit of it where this guy was like, 'wooah, i can't feel my face anymore'. that looked funny.

i knew an ex-heroin addict (if there is such a thing) who went to see 'trainspotting' and started taking the drug again because the film reminded her of how great it felt. Last thing i heard she had dropped out of university and was squatting somewhere... shame.

i rented Titus this week-end. it was pretty amazing. probably the WEIRDEST movie i ever saw. it has beautiful photography and costumes, and its a bit creepy too. i highly recmmend it...

i saw frear and loathing in las vegas i recommend this for everyone that and Ed Wood hehehe great stuff