A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Flash+Vecta3d

Not really sure where to start, but here is the situation.. I exported a 3d model from vecta3d and I use that model in 8 different scenes in my flash movie. The problem that I am having is that every time I go to a different scene the 3d model starts at frame one again. Which makes it look very dirty and choppy. I am wondering if there is away to make it keep on going in all 8 scenes with out stopping.

Senior Moderator
    Defender of the Faith
    You need to use a seperate swf and use the "load movie command" and load the animation into a level. Levels are not effected by the scene change. I would suggest you start using the movie clip and tell target command to build your sites in one scene. Things are going to become even more dependent on this type of interaction with Flash 5 comming out. Regards, Bill

Thanx Mr. Pope Sir BUT...

Again thank you..
    but now there is a new problem how do i move this thing around... it's just stuck in the middle and i don't have a clue how to refer to it.. or anything... see the 3d obj. used to move around the screen.. when u click on different buttons.. but now it's just laying there...

Senior Moderator
    Defender of the Faith
    If you look in your book you will see that you can call the
    level that the swf is in. If the object is a movie clip you can even send a command to it as I have provied code below.

On (Press)
    Begin Tell Target ("_level1/2")
    Go to and Stop (3)
    End Tell Target
    End On

You have to plan this out a bit, you have to know the "instance name of the movie clip" in the loaded swf in order to call it. If you look at the code about the instance name of the move is "2" and the swf has been loaded into level1. Hope this helps you out. Regards, Bill

Smile

Oh WoW.. Thank you all mighty POPE SIR... it works great..
    /me bow down to POPE DE Flash... OOOO.. Thank you sir sooo very much..

RE

Create targets in the time line. And then use the go to command in actionscript to tell it where to start.