A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Autorun

Hello,

I need to get a flash projector file (windows .exe) to auto run, I'm using Toast 4.1 for Macintosh, is this possible and if so how? I've tried the Adaptect website an it's ineptec.

Please help.

You need to create a autorun.inf file in a word document and put in this text:

[autorun]
    Open=autorun.exe

Where 'autorun.exe' is name of your projector file. Then save the text file as autorun.inf (all one word in the name field.... cos' this makes it the right file type)and put this on the root of the CD along with the projector file.

You can also add an icon to the CD by putting this text under the sutorun text:

Icon=icon.bmp

Where 'icon.bmp' is the name of your picture, this can be placed in any dierctory of the CD aslong as you link to it in that directory eg: Icon=images/icon.bmp

Hope this helps!!!

Izzy

I'm having the same problem as mniblett regarding the autorun file, PCs and macs.

I'm working on a mac. I've tested my flash .exe file on a PC in my office and it works fine. The problem is that I can't get an autorun.inf file to work. I created it on a PC using Notepad and then copied it over to the mac where the CD burner is located.

When I stick the "burned" cd into the PC drive, nothing happens. I can open the exe file by clicking on it and everything works, but the autorun file is a bust! I tried another cd that had an autorun file and it started right up. I even checked the control panels to make sure that autorun was active.

I'm guessing that the problem is with the version of Toast that I'm running on my mac. It is v4.0.2 and has no controls in choosing PC versus mac and does a hybrid file automatically.

Does anybody know if there is some manually activated option in a later/better version of Toast that allows you to choose a file to be an autorun file?

I've searched through the message boards but have yet to find a file that has the definitive answer to this. A couple came close, but either the links were no longer good, or it didn't quite address my situation.

thanks,
    Mike