dcsimg
A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: true story (funny)

Flex Dev

Smile

Jeff and Brenda Palmer were really excited after getting their first computer complete with modem. All the kids gathered around as they eagerly awaited to see what was out there on the World Wide Web. The Palmers had gotten a hold of one of those America On-Line CD ROMs with like 700 free hours (you know the ones. I think we've all been mailed at least 2 or 3 of them) Anyway, they finally got their modem all set up. The America On-Line program started running and greeted the eagerly awaiting family with the cheerful greeting, "You've Got Mail!"

They quickly typed in their first http://www.something-that-i-want-to-...on-the-web.com and they were off and running. They now had access to all the information that they could ever dream of.

The excitement wore off quickly for little 7-year-old Justin who retreated to the front yard to either play with his toys or ride his bike or something. A few minutes later, while the rest of the family was still gathered around the computer, little Justin burst through the front door with an arm full of letters exclaiming, "Mom, the computer was right!"

Ugly with a capitol F Ekostudios's Avatar
    lol, did i miss something?

Flex Dev

if you didn't get the joke then i can't really explain it to you.

AOL said, "You've got mail" so the little kid ran outside to check the mailbox only to find that the computer was right.

Ugly with a capitol F Ekostudios's Avatar
    ok, heh, crazy kids these days

the usual
    i don't get it - please explain

ha ha ha ha

Hahahahhahahahaha

I thought you said funny...
    That aint true is it...
    C'mon - tell the truth...