A Flash Developer Resource Site

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My thoughts on the rid of the lol thread, I hope you RESPECT it.

Ugly with a capitol F Ekostudios's Avatar
    Ok, There has been recent turmoil over the closing of the "what's 'lol'" thread. I'm just going to speak my opinion on the topic. If a mod want to delete or close it, that's their own decision and I will respect it.

First off, I personally think it was wrong to close the thread. No poster in the thread violated a rule of FlashKit, there was never flaming, warez, or any other kind of disorderly conduct.
    To clear confusion, the thread was NOT for boosting posts. It was only coincidence that it became the largest FK thread. The thread was based of chat (the same thing the coffee lounge is based on), love, and jokes. There was nothing wrong with that.
    I realize the grudge against members who post to raise post counts. But I think you are misportraying your thoughts. What you probably meant to say was you don’t like people who post CRAP to raise their post count. there was nothing wrong with the quality of the content inside the thread. It was a general chat which brought members of FK closer to each other (hi SwishY!), (hi Ayaviva!). there is nothing wrong with this either.
    If closing it was just a ‘joke,’ then it was a cruel one, to all FK members. imagine a bank clerk ‘deleting’ your account as a ‘joke’. Not very funny then, huh? I think, If this was only a joke, the closer of the thread should be ashamed. If it was for real purposes other than ‘I’m a mod, I can do that’ I’d like to hear it.

To recap, I feel sorry for Ayaviva, 90% of her posts are in that thread, and It does matter to some people if thier post count drops, or, if you don’t plan on deleting it (which I hope you don’t), I still feel sorry for swishy and ayaviva because their creation of the longest FK thread was just stopped, and that has to hurt.

I’m sorry Ayaviva
    I’m sorry SwishY
    Closer of thread, answer me this...
    ...If this was only a joke, the closer of the thread should be ashamed. If it was for real purposes other than ‘I’m a mod, I can do that’ I’d like to hear it.

You can close this is you really want to, I leave that to you and will respect your decision as much as you respected this.

Thanks,
    -eko-

dream.in.code
    I don't think Aya and SwishY would be engaged without that thread... it should be there to memorialize (sp?) the love and growth of their relationship if nothing else!

Well, I was shocked and saddened to see it happen, especially in the spirit that it did. I don't know what else to say... It just seemed authoritarian, overbearing and not at all in the spirit which I have come to know FK. When we start to make such value judgements about the worth of this or the worth of that, we all lose something. Yes, FK is supposed to be about Flash, but the lounge has become something more. It still revolves around people who are involved with and active in the Flash community, but it has a life of it's own. Over the months I've meet and interacted with a diverse range of people from all corners of the World and been exposed to their thoughts and ideas on a wide range of topics. I've come here after a long hard day to read these thoughts; to discuss them and share mine. I've laughed at their jokes and shared in their antics and forgetten about my troubles for the moment....and It's been, for the most part, a wonderful experience.

dream.in.code
    *teary eyed* that was beautiful man! I think blutimus just summed up the entire idea behind the lounge and the people in it!

thank you blutimus, the lounge is for more than just flash, it's for fun, and communication, and the only thing that should close a thread is if it hurts FK or the members of FK, which "whats lol" clearly did only the opposite.

Thank you Eko. Thank you blutimus and Spyder.

For deleting lol thread,I would lose my post count,but it would not be
    important for me.
    I just wanted to keep our thread as the MOST friendly one for "everyone"
    includeing newbies, and I didn't mean to get my posts in it.
    That thread had been accidentaly getting the longest one,but in fact how
    long was not important at all.
    The important thing for me was that how everyone can enjoy themselves in our
    thread.
    But it is already happened. I'm feeling sorry for that.

Thank you Eko and thank you everyone else who miss the lol thread. God bless you.

Originally posted by ayaviva
    Thank you Eko. Thank you blutimus and Spyder.

For deleting lol thread,I would lose my post count,but it would not be
    important for me.
    I just wanted to keep our thread as the MOST friendly one for "everyone"
    includeing newbies, and I didn't mean to get my posts in it.
    That thread had been accidentaly getting the longest one,but in fact how
    long was not important at all.
    The important thing for me was that how everyone can enjoy themselves in our
    thread.
    But it is already happened. I'm feeling sorry for that.

Thank you Eko and thank you everyone else who miss the lol thread. God bless you.

:tear:

N' then I might just
    Jump back on
    An' ride
    Like a cowboy
    Into the dawn
    ........To Montana.
    I too was sorry to see it end. It was the warmest, fuzziest thread I have seen on FK.
    I know that aya and swishy will survive. I didn't see the end so I don't know why it ended.
    warm, fuzzy hugs to you both, S & A,
    david p.

it closed? when did this happen?

oh no!!!!!

who did it??? what happened??? tell me what the whole story behind what happened to it was!!!

I am mad!!!!!

UH!

??????

There was no need to close the thread. It was a place to contain casual chat so it wasn't spread across the board clogging it up!

I say mod own up and relinquish your title as a mark of respect for its murder.

Skrys magic swirls around the guilty party and induces a dark fear into their very soul.

"w-whats happening? mommy I'm frightnened." Quivers they!

MWAH HA HA HAAAAAAAAAAAA!

Hey you need a dramatic ending don't you!

Skry - thas not on!

If a moderaotr wishes to close a thread then he or she does so.
    The moderaotrs here at FlashKit have been chosen for many reasons - moreso due to there respect for others and there good attitudes and morals. If a mod decides to close a thread then there is a reason for it, and he/she shouldnt be ridiculed or tormented for it - were here to do a job, we are unpaid and do this of our own free will. Please - let the subject drop - its only a thread and there will be mnany more convo's like it in weks to come!

Regards
    TheEnigma

Damn Right!
    Best viewed on a monitor

I allready pointed out that the thread was nothing than 100 pages of garbage.
    Garbage belongs in the recycle bin.

TheEnigma is right.
    Moderators are here to protects flashkit from garbage and they are doing a good job. Moderators are actually nothing more than pretty kewl Garbage-men/woman.

duh!

I never checked the thread out, but obviously others didn't think it was garbage cruise.

Enigma, your missing the point...people want to know *why* the thread was closed. If it didn't fall into any 'reason to close' category why would a mod do it...out of spite?

What does it matter if the thread continues indefinitely?

Re: duh!

Originally posted by Juztyn
    I never checked the thread out, but obviously others didn't think it was garbage cruise.

Enigma, your missing the point...people want to know *why* the thread was closed. If it didn't fall into any 'reason to close' category why would a mod do it...out of spite?

What does it matter if the thread continues indefinitely?
    Juztyn - if a Mod deletes a post - we dont have to explain ourselves. Thats my point. We use our own judgement.

Smile

Originally posted by Cruise
    Who are you trying to convince, us or yourself?

Is that why threads like your "how to blow up a car" are still around, because they were so useful?

I see a LOT of double standards here. One other point;

"One man's vulgarity is another's lyric."
    -- Justice John M. Harlan, Cohen v. California (1971)

Originally posted by CoolMoves
    Who are you trying to convince, us or yourself?

Is that why threads like your "how to blow up a car" are still around, because they were so useful?

I see a LOT of double standards here. One other point;

"One man's vulgarity is another's lyric."
    -- Justice John M. Harlan, Cohen v. California (1971)

He has a point...

Smile

Originally posted by swampy
    He has a point... [/B]
    [small]Thank you

Originally posted by TheEnigma
    Skry - thas not on!

Ah but it was murdered in cold blood without a even mutter from the mod at the end of the thread!
    Cut mid sentence it was!

I had to give it a respectful burial!

I'VE JUST THOUGHT!

Skry points finger at Nigs!
    "IT WAS YOU! You Lancastrians are all the same! Starting wars over roses and. Um stuff!"

Wonder why the war of the roses started anyway?
    Probably a turf war over a small village or something, and then they go and rope in the whole of the country!
    Each and every shire had to take sides flying either red or white!

What am I going on about?
    Musts have been the Sainburys Economy Cola that did it!

(Be worried. Skrys creativity has got off the leash again!)

pls guys lets cool down here

I m sorry that the thread was closed! Im up to my neck these days working to tight deadlines etc and coming to the lounge and reading threads like Aya 's brings a smile to my face. I come in here for a few hours not just to moderate but to talk to my friends as well .

What may be garbage to you might be important to me -so lets not judge or generalise here. If you dont like a topic its simple: DONT post
    You dont have to take part in the discussion if you dont want to. This is a diverse and a big community and we're all different so lets respect our differences and move on!

A