Smile most flash sites suck cos there the same, mines not

hey freaks check this sh** and tell me it aint quality for my first website

the menu interface sometimes fails but works if you refresh your browser

http://www.geocities.com/killerpixel

[Edited by hemi151 on 04-11-2001 at 08:51 AM]

Cool.

Cool, though its mostly not working.

I liked the Geocities logo. (joke)

Maybe you could tone town your ego a little bit when posting, as there are lots of better sites out there.

Anyway, Im a newbie too, and still learning like a baby.

Keep up the good work.

broken links

the links on the interface are mostly broken, just cos a lot of stuff i need to sort out. egraphics is the only node currently which has anything linked to it. the up and down arrow keys let u zoom in/out.

cheers for rating it, wheres these better member sites then? is there any1 else interested in developing 3d dynamic interfaces?

i gotta say that you have some promise

BUT

your ego is a bit much

"most flash sucks cos its the same, mines not"
    HOLD ON A SEC!
    your interface is NOT original...in fact i have seen nearly the same one {just a different color}, AND there are source files in a few places for this, soo slow down rough rider - it is definately not cool to take credit for other peoples ideas.

good start grasshopper. but there is much to learn before you can snatch the pebble...

dan

flash is flash is flash

hemi151,

i have to agree with those who posted before me. getting someone's attention with a proud boast may work, but showing a site who's interface was made as a tutorial on other sites and can be had for free is not particularly innovative. and touting it as your own idea is not really a good idea. it's nice, but there are some design concerns on top of what i said above. your links are almost illegible and they are packed so closely together only furthers the illegibility of them. plus, if you're going to make an intro provide a skip for it. personally, i can't stand intros. if i can skip it, i will and if i have to sit through an intro that does nothing but give me a beat and an animation, so much worse is my opinion of the site.
    as an aside, when i checked this on both platforms (mac and pc), the interface wouldn't run until i right-clicked it.and hit rewind.
    at any rate, there are my two cents.

man u lot are so wound up

ok ok jesus, u lot are so picky. im just saying that I find this direction of flash far more engaging than the same old text flashing across or exploding etc. surely you cant tell me that the majority of flash out there isnt very similar...

anyway the intro is merely there to let you get your head around the object in the first place, the fact that its 3d and in its final stage is an interactive portfolio interface of work.

I now realise that i should never showcase a site on here without sorting every precise little teeny weeny detail such as text size because no one can seem to see past a few minor details and see the bigger picture of the potential possibilities of this type of work.

feel more than welcome to feed me some address's and blast me away with your own creations....

hemi

i'm not about to start a "pissing contest" with you. one of the first things you learn is to accept criticism. most of our sites are available if you click on our homepage links. peace.

Well hemi, a word of advice. Don't open a thread critisizing "most flash" designers. You might as well stick a target on you swf's because they will blast away. If you open a normal thread (without the critism) you would probably get a much better response and very helpful suggestions rather than them picking your flash apart.

Not being one to hold a grudge, your flash was very interesting. The menu was cool as hell. I played with it for probably 5 minutes. Great work. Keep us posted on updates.
    [Edited by ---Xzane-- on 04-12-2001 at 01:12 PM]

well...

no criticism about your heading.....hey it worked you got 95 views at my last time of looking so fair play I say.

The intro was fairly cool....butas a completely constructive piece of criticism though - th site doesn't work on a mac.

keep it up tho'

The Guv'nor (a little controversy never hurt anyone)

That's it...

U know what I'm gonna do?

Dig around and find the source .fla for your site, probably some tutorial out there, get it working online (if you're so good, how come you can make 3d like that and then it doesn't work?), and then I'll say my site is the best and everybody else's sites suck.

Or maybe not, I don't have the time or the patience.

Anyway, I'll post the link right here when I find it.

Keep flashin'.

Hi....you are the best flash person in the world!

You are the F*&^%ing best flasher in the world that I have ever seen. That menu with the small letters that you can't read that turns and ****Stuff(oops) is cool!!Does everyone know what I am talking about? You will one day be considered the next Eric Jordan, except your name will be "Best Flasher" or even "WhatStar". That sounds cool right. I wanna know exactly how you made that Geocities logo look exactly like a Geocities logo? Someday I will become as good as you...My site is not half as good as that.
    -----------------------------------------------------------
    http://www.fyoucher.f2s.com
    __________________________________________________ _____

Great Job!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !

Re: Hi....you are the best flash person in the world!

yep another uptight girly yank,

i dont consider eric jordon to be something to strive towards, because, if u read my post, his work looks typically 'flash' which if u could stop being so sensitive, is the whole point of this thread.

The star site isnt even finished and yeah it does need work but exxxxcccccuuuusssseeee me this is my first site ever and come to think of it, it really is sh__ isnt it? why oh why didnt i just stick to a windows looking site which really pushes the boundaries...like your homepage for instance

sarcasm never works over a post which you demonstrated nicely..

got the views/traffic ticking over tho didnt it.....heheheheh

hemi- maybe you should just deflate your ego for a second. being modest is far more professional, and you will be liked more because of it. pointing fingers at other people is not a good way to start a thread. you have a very long way before youre at the level of eric jordan...keep that in mind.

Re: most flash sites suck cos there the same, mines not

just went to check ot your cool site but after 10 minutes waiting on t1 connection and still 35% to load left i got tired and closed it.

did you realize tha first 30 sec. are the most important to any web site?

Originally posted by hemi151

hahahahahahaahahhahaa, sat around for ten miutes looking at a black screen after some funny shape flew everywhere, u may have a big head, but your site doesnt even load, tried about 5 times, same long waiting witha black screen, and i am 56k, so i count for the majority, so if ya get this so called, my sit is different from the rest working give us a bell would love to see it

Re: Re: most flash sites suck cos there the same, mines not

i tried refreshing it and after 10 minutes i got this yellow thing to fly around!! not buttons, links or anything!!!

site that needs tech support to load correctly is a BAD site!!

Originally posted by maja777
    just went to check ot your cool site but after 10 minutes waiting on t1 connection and still 35% to load left i got tired and closed it.

did you realize tha first 30 sec. are the most important to any web site?

Originally posted by hemi151

FK Robot Wrangler

i love the black screen and no content look. it's the future of the internet. keep up the stellar work!

***HAR HAR***

this thread is a good laugh, guys!

Maybe everybody has alot to learn here and we can get it by reading more of these ridiculous threads!

Now - seriously now - this is very finny.

The best

Thats the best open pop up window demo I ever saw mr. big head! keep it up. oh I loved the geocities banner too :-\
    Maybe you should sell that million dollar site and buy you a .com pa haaa.
    PS
    Humble your self before the migty hand of God and he will exalt you in due time.