A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: supposed 2 be a footer but failed

Smile

this should've been my flash footer but it reached 20Kb and i halted from going on! enyweyz, i just decided 2 post it so it has its use.... geesshhh... well then again, no footer for me yet. =((((

[swf width=300 height=350 background="#FFFFFF"]http://weavearts10.tripod.com/footer.swf[/swf]

Smile oh btw...

thx for u peeps in art and anime community for the TUTES, specially shape tweening tutes and 2 naoneo and 2 CNO about those hair effects i saw and for the shape hints! cool! it does its use in a lot of ways.

You're a pro now!
    I know so many people that won't even touch shape tweens because it messes up their work, them not knowing about shape hints.

Great work you have there - I would optimize the curves - that might bring down the file size a bit to footer-regulation.

I've had shape hints that refused to function before. Occationally I flash was stingey and wouldn't even put them on the screen.

But shape tweens sans shape hints are nasty, Like people morphing text into everything. Ok, I'll admit it, I did that once, but I put a bunch of motion behind it to disgise that fact. And it wasn't a pro site or anything, it was just for a friend.

I don't like shape tween.
    Shape hints are very unpredictable and hard to control.
    I works only on basic shape change, but hardly ever in a level that could be used in professional Flash designing.
    Espacially those text morphing. I'll admit I used to use them a few times in my begining sites.
    Not anymore though.

Smile thx again CNO

thx again, uve been very helpful 2 my flash life. i would do try to optimize the curves so as 2 fit for my footer, (that doesnt make me a PRO coz i didnt thought of that. =p)

thx for the replies guys, i may come back for my footer... or again, a failure post. (i hope not)

Smile I HAVE RETURNED!!!

hellya!!! i modified the movie and the flash footer was a successs!!! i had curve modifications and the size reduced up to 14kB++!! wooohoooooo!!!

how'd u like it guys? =)

thx very much 2 cno and the curve modifications worked!! cool

Woo! Its funky!

He keeps looking at me funny tho.. I dont think he likes me.

Hmm! Havent bothre to find out about shape hints and what not, but I shall now!

Smile don't worry, it doesnt bite

he's just a guy putting on his gloves... er... though i don't know myself why... well i think ur right... he looks at me like he doesnt like me either... *creeps*

It's really nice man ... one thing kinda bugs me about the guy .. it's his neck. You should thin it out a bit ..
    . and prolly remove those weird bumps ... it makes it look like he has super rolls in his neck @_@;;

I quickly red lined that |:1

Smile hmmmm...

prolly lose it out a bit, btw he's not a girl. I draw much DBZ i think, SSJ Goku's neck is like that. 2 musculine u think? =)

Smile what do u think of this

the original modified down to 8kB! and modified his neck a bit. (notice some straightened edges).

[swf width=200 height=200 background="#FFFFFF"]http://members.tripod.com/weavearts10/sample.swf[/swf]

I like him having thick neck.
    It's up to a person's style to make his/her characters as he pleases. Do what you want and like is the best bet. Don't copy from others!

Lookin' good elektrisyan. Glad the optimize curves worked out for you.

Nice one..

Have you just added it to your footer since you started this thread..?

Looking good dude, looking good!

How are you animating the hair..? Are you just picking the corners and moving them by hand or animating frame by frame.?

Cheers

John

Smile its the magic of shape hints

i used shape tweening with the use of shape hints.
    i used 3 identical frames, modified the 2nd frame the way i like it 2 look like, (not minding if it will mess up the tweening), space them and shape tweened them, analyzed the way it tweens (and it did messed up), put shape hints in place where they should be until the messing around is completely gone.

i had used the footer since i post the I HAVE RETURNED!!! thread.

funky footer elek
    real upbeat...all it need was some techno music.....

did u do the drawing in flash?...I am real good in caricatures and sketching and wanna try my hand with flash art thx

As you can see by my footer, i am geting into Chibi. i think its perfect for flash... <easier to do, less complex, which of course makes for smaller files>

I wanna maybe put together a chibi flash show... maybe in concert with someone elses show... so there's a normal anime and a chibi version kinda thing.

anyone interested?

Smile cool

cool idea, well i'm interested but im afraid i got no time. =(
    i hand drawn them in flash, i never tried 2 scan trace an image i draw, maybe i try it now *gets down on sketching some real cool funky anime gurl this time :O*