A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: I Dunt get it...

I dunt know y people love DBZ soooo much...I might like it if i knew what it was about...i've watched a few episodes, and i got sooooooo confused over the plot...what is the plot anywayz?

we, DBZ is a good anime for ppl who don't know anime, to get into. I've wacthed it since the first episode. It's not big deal, but it's funny and is easy and fun to wacth

I dislike the Toonami/Funmation version (guys oooh-ing and aah-ing for a week - same 5 clips of animation cycled for 30 mins.), but the dubbed versions are pretty cool. I tend to lean away from the DBZ type of anime, but the characters are likeable and it is fun to watch.

but what's the plot?

acQuired brAin
    hehe glad I am not alone....I really should get my own television, I rely on the kids (other ppls I don't have any)
    to keep me informed

Moderator - Anime Curator Naldoman's Avatar
    I've never watched the show regularly, but I like the artistic style --- missed out on buying a large book of the manga artist's work a few years ago.

Dragonball is essentially a fight-show. Like Pokemon, characters come and go with different skills and quirks and the whole point is that there will be lots of attitude, emotion and competition. The point to watching it is to SEE OUTRAGEOUS BATTLES!!

Of course, it's deeper than that...many of the elements of the story and its characters are based on old Asian stories of the Monkey King and the legend of the seven dragon balls. The competition to aquire the dragon balls was the "major" plotline on which all the incidental battles took place. Why aquire dragon balls? The typical stuff---GOD-LIKE POWER! IMMORTALITY! BRAGGING RIGHTS!

The whole deal was played out in the original Dragon Ball manga and TV series. Then more characters and battles were created to continue the manga --- this became "Dragon Ball Zeta" - DBZ The manga started in the mid-80's I think.

That's the quick summary---I could be mistaken on several points, but basically it's about fighting.

You would probably also like:
    Hokuto no Ken
    Saint Seiya
    Fantastic Story of Jo Jo

[Edited by Naldoman on 08-02-2000 at 08:36 PM]

hmmm. well it depends. dragon ball does not have suc a good graphic style compared to anime movies like tenchi muyo (god i love that!) and ninja scroll but does have a better story line compared to baoh and other sensless movies.

thanx for replies...maybe when i get up early to watch dragonball z someday, i'll understand....

keep in mind taht you will never understand. that may help you to understand.

Deep, armadillo.
    There is no spoon.

i have began to not understand the ways of true flashers.