A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: The word on Mononoke, FYI

Excerpt from AnimeNation:

"Disney Blinks" is the title to a center front page article in the current Video Store Magazine industry mag. The article suggests that Buena Vista home video executives were not aware that there was interest and an actual demand for a Japanese language version of Princess Mononoke in the US before they were presented with the results of a fan organized letter-writing campaign and internet petition that garnered "4,500 signatures in the first week." The article confirms that the Princess Mononoke DVD has been delayed, but not canceled. "`We were pleasantly surprised by the interest in a Japanese soundtrack,` [said] Buena Vista marketing senior v.p. Robert Chapek. `It`s a fairly recent development, and with an August 29th street date [for the dub-only VHS version], there was no way we could accommodate that [due to the inability to conclude soundtrack negotiations with the Japanese producer in time]. So we had to push it off. We`re fairly confident the [special edition] DVD will be out sometime before the holidays.`"

YAYAYAY!!!

Alright, I'm preparing myself for a rush of comments...

...is Mononoke as good as I've heard?

YES !!! Mononoke Hime is a very good Anime movie, one of the best i've ever seen !!

you lucky guys if you got it on dvd soon =)

Moderator - Anime Curator Naldoman's Avatar
    Mononoke has beautiful visuals, but I just couldn't get into it.

I haved loved all the Miyazaki films I've seen (except for Totoro, which put me to sleep), but somehow I just could not develop an interest in what was going on or the characters in general, although I did like the young prince.

Not a thumbs down by any means, but not a film that can approach my favorites list. I still like LAPUTA the best. Those danger-prone kids just amaze me!

Nelxon Studio

Off subject....

LiquidCross

You did the unofficial Crimson Plague website, So I'm
    wondering one thing....

Do know Dina Simmons and Bernie from a convention,
    or do you know them from Dragon's Lair comic book
    shop Fayetteville, NC?

um so what it about? i havent ever heard of princess monoke before. and i dont feel like searching on the net.

I drove about 3 hours to see princess mononoke when it went into limited release. I really enjoyed it but I think it lost alot in translation. I am looking forward to the dvd so I can enjoy a subtitled version. Also amazon has it listed for a jan 2001 release right now, but its worth the wait
    Also, princess mononoke is about a young man who fights to save a town from a war and at the same time save the forest around it from being mined for ore and destroyed. It strongly involves nature and the gods that make up the balance of the forest.

Originally posted by armadillo88
    um so what it about? i havent ever heard of princess monoke before. and i dont feel like searching on the net.
    man i know what you´re feeling i never heard of it either
    but the problem is here in Germany the Mangas and Animes are that popular .. ok for two years they loked strange at you if you even talked about it but .. it still is´t that popular than in the staates

you live in germany?!

yupp why ?? i thought you know cause my english sucks

it btter much than me.

yes i still do .. and even if you ask twentyfive times i´ll life here GodSacke it´s not my fault *sniff*
    but why are you asking ??

you are crazy................. i have no idea what you mean............... the only sane person from our lil group has gone insane! KAIIIII!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!