dcsimg
A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: No Flash? OK!

"Don't worry, you didn't see me"

I was so stoked to find FK but was disappointed that at a Flash site, there was no Flash(actual site,not content). But I've come to realize that its for the better. With so much Flash already, you gotta cut down on load time. Way to go guys! And what's up with all these people complaing of the layout and stuff (gparis,MajorTom). Come on people, it's a great site, and so what if it has or is missing something, tough noogies. Oh well, I guess there will always be someone to find faults. Whatever!

Maintaining a site this size in Flash would take 10,000 men and women When Mark started this site, no thought it would get to 1% of its current size. We could write a book on site design and layout etc with what we know now. We just need a way to fund the rewrite, hence the conferences that are coming out soon. Thanks for your praise, many people do not understand the effort that is required in running a site like this.

Oh, and we have tried Flash on the site, we still use it extensively in the sound section and in Flash Typer. Flash should be used judiciously and where appropriate for the users it serves.

We also used Flash on the FK Titles bar and even the whole header. It doesn't work on a site like this, anyway people aren't here to see our Flash work, they are hear to learn about Flash, so we try and give people what they want....reasonably quick and painlessly.