A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Text effects

Does anyone out there know any good text effects. I've looked around at the tutorials but just can't find many text effects. Please include instructions on to make the effect.

Yjere are hundreds of texteffect .fla´s here at Flashkit you can download and experiment with, that are used as a foundation for the FlashTyper.
    http://www.flashkit.com/textfx/index.shtml

I did what you told me try. I downloaded the Fla and then coppied the frames to my movie. All it did was blink. What am I doing wrong?

Thanx

The .fla you downloaded may use a font that isnt in your system. To change font, edit the "Do Not Modify" MC in the library. In that MC there is a Textfield with a "w" in it. Change the font and try again.

Another note. If you have copied the frames into a Movie Clip it wont work because targeting MC´s inside a MC is different from targeting in the main timeline. Inside
    Movieclips you dont use the slash before the MC´s name.

Its a bit tricky until one gets how the script part works. For most of these texteffects the script part is identical.What really makes the changes are the Movieclips that are tweening the "Do Not Modify" MC.

I'me a newbie so I don't knoe much about actionscrpting. Is there any way to copy the text effect into my own movie?

Maybe the easiest way is to generate your texteffects with the Flashtyper tool here at Flashkit, it creates the movies for you.
    If you want to use the .fla files you have to go thru the steps in my previos post.