A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: I'm so damned Gorgeous

Wink

Hello,

Since a year i have made a website, that is a little bit sarcastic and funny. Some people are thinking that i mean it, that's the biggest joke of all...

English is my 3rd language, so i think there can be some gramatical and spelling mistakes, could you check this for me ? Thank you. I know it is a website made in dreamweaver with not many flash things in, those things have sometimes a long loading time, so how is the loading time of my page ?

My browser is IE5, how is it in NS or other browsers ???

If you have any other good sudgestion (lay out, texts, one liners, ...) please let me know !!!

Kind regards.
    http://users.pandora.be/gorgeous

i'm English so I don't understand what the things on your site says, but it has a very fast loading time for a 5.5 IE

Cool

Originally posted by make-up and drugs
    i'm English so I don't understand what the things on your site says, but it has a very fast loading time for a 5.5 IE
    Thank you for your reaction ! I'm trying to make the webpage completely in english, now only the first pages are in english...

I clicked around for a while, as far as I could see only the homepage was in English... too bad... looks funny..
    It loaded fast for me and worked fine(win2k, ie5, 56k). It doesn't look to me like a whole lot of attention was given to the design and layout, but that may not have been your intent.
    Looks like fun though...
    on a side note: I did an intro for my friends site: http://www.jedsite.itgo.com but once you get in the site all the writing is his, and it's a similar sacastic kind of humor, you might enjoy, if you read the 'bio' there is nothing true except that he went to San Jose State... hehe
    -E

Kewl site! i'll bookmark it right away! Good thing i'm from The Netherlands, so i can understand a lot from the site!

Originally posted by ethanton
    I clicked around for a while, as far as I could see only the homepage was in English... too bad... looks funny..
    It loaded fast for me and worked fine(win2k, ie5, 56k). It doesn't look to me like a whole lot of attention was given to the design and layout, but that may not have been your intent.
    Looks like fun though...
    on a side note: I did an intro for my friends site: http://www.jedsite.itgo.com but once you get in the site all the writing is his, and it's a similar sacastic kind of humor, you might enjoy, if you read the 'bio' there is nothing true except that he went to San Jose State... hehe
    -E
    Yes indeed, cool webpage !!! Added to my bookmarks !!!

Smile nice footer mate

hi, i just noticed your footer..how did you do that? any tutorials for that concept??

ta
    mike

Re: nice footer mate

Originally posted by mikebrindley
    hi, i just noticed your footer..how did you do that? any tutorials for that concept??

ta
    mike
    Hi Mike,

What do you mean with "footer" ? The "http://..." at the bottem of each page or what ???

greetings,
    Gorgeous.

(I think he meant my footer gorgeous)
    I didn't follow a tutorial mike, just kinda made it up. Each of those squares is button in an MC that is stopped on the first frame. I duplicated the original with this code:
    Code:
    columns = 17;
    rows = 5;
    depthCounter = 0;
    rowsCount = -1;
    for (i=0;i<rows;i++) {
    	columnsCount = -1;
    	for (ii=0;ii<columns;ii++) {
    		duplicateMovieClip(motherDot,"dot"+i+"-"+ii,depthCounter);
    		depthCounter+=1;
    		setProperty(eval("dot"+i+"-"+ii),_x,columnsCount);
    		setProperty(eval("dot"+i+"-"+ii),_y,rowsCount);
    		columnsCount += 8;
            }
    	columns += 2;
    	rowsCount +=8;
    }
    each square is 8 pixels on each side, that's why the += 8 on the row and column count, for positioning. Then the action on each button says go to frame 2, where there is no button, but there is a breif motion tween (making the square big, then shrink) and an empty "guideMC" sitting there with this code:
    Code:
    onClipEvent (load){
    	randSpeed += random(10)-4;
    	randY = random(3)-1;
    }
    onClipEvent (enterFrame) {
    	if (_parent._x <= 310 && _parent._y >= -5 && _parent._y <= 45) {
    		_parent._x += 5 + randSpeed;
    		_parent._y += randY;
    	}
    }
    That's the basic idea, hope it made sense.... the 'if' part before actually moving the mc is just so resources are not wasted moving the movie clip after it's not visible anymore.
    -E

Originally posted by ethanton
    [B](I think he meant my footer gorgeous)
    I didn't follow a tutorial mike, just kinda made it up. Each of those squares is button in an MC that is stopped on the first frame. I duplicated the original with this code:
    [code]
    How funny, my english isn't that good

Like the updates!

Originally posted by awraeven
    Like the updates!
    Thank you, funzone is now almost completely in english !!!

new index page

hey,

I' ve got a new index page, do you like it or is it bad ?

kind regards.