dcsimg
A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: baby web site....check it out please

Just finished my 1st flash web site. (for my baby) ..(you could aslo check the html site as well) Please let me know if you encounter any problems or have any sugestions. (this
    is just a little experiment ..)
    http://www.geocities.com/maxpiolin/mdf.htm
    thanks and have a nice day

Good Site

Hey great site man and also very cool looking loading screen.
    I had a question about the autoresize. I have never been able to find out how to do that. Can you please give me a hint or how you did that.

Thanx a lot.

Keep up the great work.
    e-mail me at ilya@ohio.net

Re: Good Site

Originally posted by ilyal
    Hey great site man and also very cool looking loading screen.
    I had a question about the autoresize. I have never been able to find out how to do that. Can you please give me a hint or how you did that.

Thanx a lot.

Keep up the great work.
    e-mail me at ilya@ohio.net
    When you are ready to use the publish feature in Flash check dimensions and select 100%x100%
    that is all.
    Thanks for the comments

Smile

Excellent Site, considering its ur first?!?! Listen, the photos in your flash version, how d'ya get the quality sooo good? When i export my movies, the photos always come out crud!

Agent J

photos

Originally posted by AgentJay
    Excellent Site, considering its ur first?!?! Listen, the photos in your flash version, how d'ya get the quality sooo good? When i export my movies, the photos always come out crud!

Agent J
    1st. you may need to compressed in photoshop, firework or other vector program. Once you like what you see tehn import onto flash ...when u r ready to publish it go to publish settings an select flash under jpg select about 95% that should do it, however that would increase the file size.
    hope this helps

fantastic choice of colour on the initial page....like the orange two tone!

Your site is much more fun than most commercial or 'design' sites i've seen....

One thing I noticed was that I got a javascript error symbol at the bottom of my browser window - please see my spec. below

Regards

thanks

[QUOTE]Originally posted by chamira
    [B]fantastic choice of colour on the initial page....like the orange two tone!

Your site is much more fun than most commercial or 'design' sites i've seen....

Thanks for the input Chamira. I would like to see that js error.

I had a look but just got a black screen for about a minute and nothing happened. Not too sure why everyone else can see it and I can't when I'm on a leased line.

HANG ON THERE

[QUOTE]Originally posted by gecko2
    I had a look but just got a black screen for about a minute and nothing happened. Not too sure why everyone else can see it and I can't when I'm on a leased line. [/QUOT

I DO NOT KNOW WHAT IS THE PROBLEM BUT EVERYONE WHO VISITED THE SITE WAS ABLE TO SEE IT, IT MAY BE THAT THE FILE IS QUITE LARGE ALMOST 700KB, BUT TRY AGAIN AND JUST STAND BY

CHEERS

Sr. Member and still clueless!

Agent J
    I used to do my compression that way but after attending a Macromedia Flash seminar, they suggest importing all media at its finest resolution, meaning, don't compress the photos in Photoshop, let Flash do it when you publish. This applies for audio as well.

BTW: Do you live in Washington DC? I work there.

yes I do

Originally posted by mgilvey

Agent J
    I used to do my compression that way but after attending a Macromedia Flash seminar, they suggest importing all media at its finest resolution, meaning, don't compress the photos in Photoshop, let Flash do it when you publish. This applies for audio as well.

BTW: Do you live in Washington DC? I work there.
    In MHO when u import something into flash and then try to scale down or compressed it only increases the file but if it works for you great. yes I do live in dc...where d'ya work?

cheers