A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: swf browser

the swf browser is a realy great utility but it has it's flaws in terms of user friendliness.it has explorer like interface but to what purpose. i cant open a swf inside the swf browser. i right click on the swf and with open it opens flash player and with open in swf browser command it opens another swf browser but empty, not even opening the swf. so if u want to open a swf u got to close the swf browser, go into explorer find the swf that u want to open and right click on it to open in swf browser. what good is it a explorer like interface if u cant use it
    the program is good as a utility but it has given me a headache until i learned to actually open a swf in it.
    my best regards and keep up the good work.

I agree. I had a difficult time just figuring out the same things. But now that I know what to do i'm happy. Hey do you know if it can display button properties?
    -FWEB

I'm getting this complaint from a lot of people: the strange thing is, that I'm unable to simulate this locally: On win 2000 WS, 98 and 95 all works well on my config's.

Bizar...

- Edwin.

swf browser

I have a 486 dx2 66 Mhz 16 Mb of RAM running windows 95 osr2. at first i thought it was because i have a ****ty computer but i tested it on a 400 Mhz AMD and a 450 Mhz Intel Pentium running win 98 and it did the same thing. So it's something in the code man.double check it!!!

Will do. I'll post here once it's fixed.

- Edwin

Great... finally by reading this message i know how to "open" a swf file..^.^
    Before i thought I might need to give up of it..