A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: transparent background

in the modify movie window for flash5 one has the ability to choose various background colours for the flash project. However there are no options to create transparent backgrounds. The HTML publish settings allow for transparent and windowless swf,s. But is it possible to create a projector or exe with a transparent background, if so HOW?

off the top of my head i'm going to say its not possible. Anyone else?

PBTOGU

Transparent SWF

If you mean for a swf to have a transparent background in an *.html file then you can have a transparent background.

Here's an example of the "<object>" tag in one of my html files placing a swf file called "thumbviewer.swf".

<----------------------<sample>------------------------------------------------->
    <object classid="clsid:D27CDB6E-AE6D-11cf-96B8-444553540000" codebase="http://download.macromedia.com/pub/shockwave/cabs/flash/swflash.cab#version=6,0,0,0" height="850" width="1024">
    <param name="wmode" value="transparent" />
    <param name="attr" value="value" />
    <param name="quality" value="best" />
    <param name="play" value="true" />
    <embed height="850" pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer" src="thumbviewer.swf" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="1024" quality="best" play="true" attr="value" wmode="transparent"></embed>
    </object>
    <---------------------</sample>-------------------------------------------->

Note the parameter "wmode" with the value of "transparent". Thanks all you need.

If used, the background color in the Properties tab will not be shown.

bbl