A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: 3D Studio Max and Windows 98

Hybrid View

It seems no matter how much ram you have installed in your pc, 3d SM keeps chunking a whole lot of your resources, i´m tired of having to restart my machine after working with other programs only to launch 3dSMax, i have 128 megs of ram, plenty of hd space and feel like im having only 256 k of ram when working with this program. Im considering to change my SO to WinNT or 2000, is anyone out there using that combo? (3DSM/WinNT or 3DSM/Win2000). I need to know which SO brings me the most of my pc. Thank you all!

The Matrix has you
    2112 F/X

Have you upgraded to 3.1? That's supposed to fix a lot of the Win '98 problems.

MAX on NT is very stable and performs very well on my dual-processor system. Starting with R2, the package was engineered and optimized for NT from the ground up.

Haven't heard anything about Win 2000.

good luck!

i'm running 3dmax3.1

i'm running 3dmax r3.1 on win 98 se and it runs fine, mind you it would run better if i had more ram (at present is 128 mb)

if you have the money buy another set of ram if you got more money max it out

nt 2000 also slows and takes alot of system resourses but is more stable....

i got win 2000 me and i'm switching to that soon for stability

smallrobot

RE

Im running 3D Studio MAX R3.1 on Windows 2000 Pro with 350MHz and 192Ram and it works great! Takes up about 15Meg out of my 192Ram.

The Matrix has you
    2112 F/X

Thanks for the feedback, Steve!