A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Problem With Jpeg's,

Can someone please tell me the best way for using jpegs in flash!

I have been using Fireworks, Photoshop, Illustrator etc to bring the file size and picture down from 500kb (960x1280) to (164x217) this look ok in flash, but as soon as i make the swf file i loose the quality and it looks blocky..

I have been in to the settings in the library and set the quality to 100% and on the publish settings,

What am i doing wrong...

Oh, but if i use the 500kb file it looks fine... I just end up with a BIG file size which is no good......

Thanks

Neil

FK Times - Editor in Chief
    My Good Little Birdie

when you look at the flash movie, do you go to control > test movie, or do you go into the browser?

i had the same problem, so i stop using JPG and use BMP, when using flash i don't go trought the save for the web since lots of the image quality is lost and than it looks bad in Flash, i chose in Photoshop Save a copy as BMP and than import it into flash, so far i haven't had problems and the file is not to big. If you try in in the web browser probably will see it better than if you just press control test movie or f12. Also if you put it at 100% the file size get very big. So try out making your files in BMP and let me know how it goes.

FK Times - Editor in Chief
    My Good Little Birdie

also you might want to check out this thread

http://board.flashkit.com/board/show...hreadid=130689

AAAAHHHHH

Originally posted by UpNorth
    when you look at the flash movie, do you go to control > test movie, or do you go into the browser?
    The movie is for a stand alone player... so i havent even looked at it in a browser.

I also tried littleisa's trick, but with no luck.. it just looks pants.

Why should it do this.. AAAAHHHHH

i just did a test right now and with me bmp works fine. I mean yes the file is 5kb higher but the quality is good. I also tried a jpg and set the movie to 100% and the 2kb jpg end up in 25 kb.

Not good, o well, if i get my hands on anything i will let you know.