A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Did someone say Titanium G4 Powerbook?

Red face

Oh...my....god....HOW MUCH DO I WANT ONE!!??

A bit damned expensive for a lowly student like myself though, no?

C'mon Mac, you know you wanna deliver me one for free! You' hardly go bankrupt, would ya? lol

no, really...

Vader

vm.interactive
    webmaster

Yea thats the best looking laptop i've ever seen.
    What about the new OS X
    that looks good too.

Yea?

I just like the DVD slot instead of a tray, I've been saying for years someone should do that, but this is the first I've seen of it.

Maybe I'm a genius...or maybe I'm drunk

*hic*

Vader

Eat Rice!
    Be prepared to become a jealous fool because I have one.

I'll get some pictures of me and my beautiful laptop. Its soo purty.

Well guess what. I have one too now

Actually, I dont, but you'll never be able to prove that.

Except for the fact that I just told you...hmmm

TAXI!!

//note to self: dont tell people you are fibbing

Vader

Eat Rice!
    note to self:

The above is a great example of what makes this world go round.

oh yeah. i'm bringing one of those puppies home this summer. hey rice. what are the specs are your powerbook? a friend of mine just got one today, fully loaded for about $3200, pretty cheap considering what it can do. well he only got 256 RAM not 512 who's counting? one of the negatives i heard about it was the dvd drive is a bit jumpy and susceptible to damage. i hope they get that problem fixed by the time i get mine.

Eat Rice!
    I'm pretty sure its the g4 400 with 128 megs of ram.

I just got another 128 today so i'm going to install it... If in can figure out how.

Oh wait.. nm. I just figured it out. You hafta pull out the keyboard. (sounds weird don't it? )

yay! 256 ram.

Everything cost about $3200. Probably because i got the 3 year warranty.

Hmm... I haven't had any problems with the dvd. I was just watching 007 again while walking around my house.

mine just came today. I haven't heard about the dvd being like that. I guess I'll find out when I get home.
    500mhz 512ram should be plenty.

Secret Agent
    the only thing i can't get over is that they stuck the 8mb rage mobility in there and not the 16mb one. and where the flipp are all our sound inputs going?????
    steve wakes up one day and says... "you know what, i think we should make new keyboards and mice that look really cool, but lets leave off the power button... then we'll add an eject... and make it so when you hit control eject it powers the computer off... and don't DOCUMENT it! okay... oh and one last thing, start phasing out the sound-in port. i think everyone should buy themselves an i-mic. those guys at griffin are pretty cool."
    whatever.

babble babble babble

-aldorr

Smile don't know about that dvd slot....

Guys...I have to admit I do love the lap top......the day I got it ...it felt like CHRISTMAS!!! but the excitement wore out a bit......

1. the battery is not that long lived...I really don't know with what programs apple tested it with ....but it sure as hell wasn't ps5, aftereffects...studio pro.

2.I still have to go to my old laptop mac/ g4 station to use the carriage for the irregular cds and I'm seeing them become more popular these days...

3. also I wished it came with a higher hard drive then the the 20 gig but I solved that with an external.

after I got over those minor things with some *****ing and complaining...i had to admit that it is a sexy little number and that she's not as big and heavy as the past mac laptops..think 3400/sore shoulder.

-me

Originally posted by riceraver
    note to self:

The above is a great example of what makes this world go round.
    The above being lying, or me not having a powerbook?

lol

note to self: shutup

Ah well, back to trying to figure out this damned flashtrak player crap...argh! (btw, thanks for posting the source FK...but ffs I cant figure out how to change the damn music!!)

note to self: stop being as thick as pig ****.

Vader