dcsimg
A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: so do u guys think that it is the future of computing

Hybrid View

The Flashkit Mama

do v hav to put r hands on the laguage or otherwise v will be left alone . is it that so ?
    db

Hiya,

IMHO you will find XML being used with increasing frequency for more and more things. It's main strength lies in removing the data from the way in which it is presented, allowing one data source to be used for many applications. It is also highly structured and strict.

It will probably take a while for XML to filter down to common use on the web but it might be worth getting in there early and nailing the technology!

Regards,

Steve

The Flashkit Mama

thanq U

but dont u think wasting another bag of money on this technology is stupidity cause the next thing i heard coming this way is UML and VRML what about that .
    and best of all its too bad for a guy like me who is attracted to the every damn new technolgoy outthere . i m too weak to counsil myself .
    n e way may GOD Bless us All.
    db

Lightbulb Re: thanq U

this way is UML and VRML what about that .
    UML stands for Unified Modelling Language and is used for analytical purposes - it has nothing to do with communications.
    VRML is a language to describe environments IIRC and has no really practical use. So just stick to XML...

JJ

Re: thanq U

And don't forget XML is free!

Originally posted by aabirnisar
    but dont u think wasting another bag of money on this technology is stupidity ...

XML is not the future...it's NOW. All the major enterprise companies and dot .coms are converting to it to relieve the aggravation of cost of massaging data from various sources. XML has already established itself. It's my opinion that you should embrace it or get left in the dust if your job is data. If you don't program in a high data profession, then it shouldn't be of any consequence to you. If you program for a living, and you want to stay employed it will soon be a must have skill. It is now the standard for data management. Windows NT 2000 servers have xml as the default for generating datasets. It's not totally without overhead tho', the cost of learning is high, but the payback is good.