A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: mac flash 5 to flash 4

i have this problem..created a flash 5 file in Win2000.
    try to open it in mac flash 4.. but nothing comes out..I did save the settings in flash 4. anything wrong? or is there anything which i should do when saving the file??
    plas.. help..tks

From what I've been told, If it was built in Flash 5 in Windows, It can't be opened on Flash 4 on a Mac. It needs to have been built in Flash 4.

I may be wrong but if no one says other wise then that's what it is.

I had a situation at work where we were being sent stuff created in Flash 5 on a PC but could never open it in version4 on a Mac.

D

Secret Agent
    there are a couple of differences we have to clear up here first:
    a fla 5 file
    and a swf movie created in flash 5
    are of course diff.
    now saving a fla 5 file and opening it up in flash 4 on any other computer will not work.
    but publishing a flash 5 movie and opening it up in flash 4 on another computer may look weird and not work right, but it will still open.
    i assume you are talking about the former...
    so in that case in general fla 5 files cannot be opened with flash 4... and as soon as you open up a fla 4 file in flash 5 and save it again (overwriting the previous version) you will not be able to open it in flash 4 again.
    sorry.
    perhaps there is a utility out there that can change this fact... but i have not yet heard of such a thing.
    have fun.
    -aldorr