A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Recording Voice Overs for Flash

Hybrid View

Arrow

Hello fellow Mac Flashers!

I wonder if there is a pro out there that can help me?

I want to do voice overs on my Mac G3 Blue to use with my flash cartoon animations.

What would be the best set-up to record directly on the Mac using a good microphone and doing the mixing with software.

I have heard of a product called iMic to connect to the USB port and of a card called "SOUNDBLASTER LIVE FOR MAC"
    Please go to:
    http://www.soundblaster.com/products/macintosh/

Would you mind looking at this product and let me know what you think or maybe suggest a better set-up?

I am looking for an affordable good quality sound and voice recording solution.

Thank You!!!

Bill H.

Secret Agent
    hi bill,
    basically anything that will allow you to record onto the macs hard drive fast enough will do.
    at our school we have a pinnacle dc 30 plus with audio and video setup for our sound computer. it seems to work pretty well.
    the quality mostly depends on your studio setup. if you have a super expensive sound card and a crappy mic you'll have problems... and if your mic is wonderful, but you live next to a street and have the windows open, then, of course, that will not add to the quality of your sound.
    people invest thousands and even millions of dollars on a good sound room....
    so the imic is nice, but if you want something a little more professional, you should maybe go for the soundblaster live.
    for a mic you may end up spending around 200 dollars and up.
    and just make sure that you have a relatively sound-proof room and that you can't hear lots of external noises when you record... like the hard drive for instance.
    usually you have a separate room for the voices and for the recording setup...
    have fun,
    -aldorr

Well if you really on a bidget, get sound app from download.com, and find a mic that will plug into the back of the G3 mic jack.. Hey it works, if you want to get a little more into it, I use either Sound Edit16 or Final cut for all my audio needs. I highly suggest you have virtual memory off and at least 128 mgs, I use 256 on my G4. Since mac nolonger ship with RCA plugs we need to improvise.

Well if you really on a budget, get Sound App from download.com, and find a mic that will plug into the back of the G3 mic jack.. Hey it works, if you want to get a little more into it, I use either Sound Edit16 or Final cut for all my audio needs. I highly suggest you have virtual memory off and at least 128 mgs, I use 256 on my G4. Since mac nolonger ship with RCA plugs we need to improvise.