A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Faint outline problem with PNGS

Someone posted about a faint outline in the transparency area of GIFs. I'm getting the same thing with PNGs as well. The transparent color / areay in the image 'ghosts' over whatever is under it. It's pretty visible even over a solid color.

Is this maybe the color pallate on my machine? I'm above 256 but not at 24-bit. It's too bad Flash doesn't have ink modes like Director.

FK Times - Editor in Chief
    My Good Little Birdie

That's a problem youre going to have, because when you make them and there needs to be a bevel or anything, they are going to use white to do it with a transparent background. Your only choice really is to change the canvas color to get id of it. Sorry!

i don't know what UpNorth is talking about. i was the guy who posted about the original problem with faint outline to a transparent PNG.

i fixed my problem by changing my monitor settings to True Color 32 bits.

I've had problems in general with masked objects showing through (faintly), even objects that are off of the stage area completely, when viewed in 16 bit color. If you find out how to fix this problem that would be great. The disturbing thing is that I've found that all users who have monitors set to the 16 bit setting see these faint lines.