A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: New Gallery engine coming!

Hybrid View

FK founder & general loiterer Flashkit's Avatar
    We are working hard on a user contributable gallery system. It will have sections for Flash Forward 2000 conference pictures, digital art, people, places, and yep anime! So you can put on Flash Kit line art, fan art (no copyrighted stuff) or whatever!

What image subcategories should I be thinking about for the anime section?

This feature should be live in the next couple of days!

You rock!
    Can't wait to see those FF2K pics (I live in NYC, but it might be interesting to see what people from outside thought was interesting enough to photograph - see Mano 1's pics...)
    I'd think that a static/line art and a Flash section would be enough to begin with in terms of anime breakdown at first - perhaps further broken down into fanart-anime, fanart-manga, original characters...

Good stuff Mark As for the subcategories...you could have it as fan art, as the first letter format...E.g. A-J,K-M etc...which is devoted to anime movies, series whatever..and then in each of them....most probably a section for completely original works...characters that individuals have invented...and the like...I dunno? :?

tahts bomb. sweet. aiight we can start drawin like crazy. and naldo never ever post your anime banner characters on there.

I think that breaking the anime into subsections maybe a bit confusing for people who are new to it. I think that there should be 4 sections.

1. static drawings (general)
    2. animated (general)
    3. Anime Static
    4. Anime animated

This seems like the easiest way to start but when the submissions really start coming in then yes subcategories will be needed.

In retrospect flashkit has some serious traffic so I dont think that my inital suggestion would last long. I would definatly devide the anime section into original/series based drawings.

Nelxon Studio
    Submit no copyright stuff?

I guessing we only send it if we own the rights to it, right?
    Personally I copyright most of my art and animation.

I'm wondering what all should we submit, besides images.

FK founder & general loiterer Flashkit's Avatar
    No, stuff thats your copyright is fine! Only submit stuff that is public domain or your own copyright - and that you allow to post on Flash kit.

When I say copyrighted material, I mean like from big anime companies/movies.. I dont want to see Flash Kit sued or closed down!!

Gallery is up

Hey, Mark, nice job on the gallery.
    Now we all gotta get some anime images in there!

Funny to see you in Times Square with your new suit and the Flashdancers guy handing out flyers behind you. I love NY!

BTW - What happened to the pig?

http://www.flashkit.com/cgi-bin/ifol...PG&img=&tt=img

First Dan, now this?

funny. MWHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAH! whatever. umm. who da pig? its wilbur! yeah!

hmm mark if this anime section is getting bigger you should think about setting up a new project called anime kit or manga kit ( which i exspecially like more )

but anyway i like your idea and i can´t wait to see all the pics from the ff2000

keep up da good work !