dcsimg
A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Southern graphics - test interface

SWiSH Forum
    FlaX FX Forum

Please have a look at this test interface. It is for a mate of mine called Glen Southern, who produces amazing images with a program called ZBrush.

The graphics for the interface are his and I have merely added the swf content with SWiSH. Please note that all the links actually work and will take you to his homesite (which I am sure you will find very interesting.)

Any comments, suggestions on how the flash/swf content could be improved would be most welcome. (I know it needs sound, but sounds / music are a very personal thing, so I am leaving that to Glen to choose the mp3's. I will of course add them later.)

Thanks in advance!

http://www.almark.net/testarea/glen1.html

I don't think I would really do to much more. I'm assuming this is a protfolio for your friend. A face of the future. But what you have accentuates the work. I'm also assuming the graphics are your friends. I don't think you want so much that you detract from the graphics themselves. This is more for a presentation to the guys that do the hiring for the art depts than for the players etc. A definite case of less is more. Before putting anything else in I would always ask myself how it would make the graphics stand out more, or how I could highlight the graphics in some way. Don't let the urge to show off Swish and your talent get in the way of what you've done. This is excellent already. My 2 cents.

I think some good mouse-overs on the menu would help, but the rest looks good to me

UNified
    Well done Almark..At first reading I thought this was related to Zpaint...Whole different ball park.
    Your mates art work is fantastic, not my sort of thing, but well crafted and your interface fits it like a glove.
    It does invite you to search for controls that may be hidden and anything that invites interaction has got be good.
    Jofta

Wow...Nice work!...both of you!
    The ONLY thing I could think to add to your interface was maybe? The yellow/black wheel in the upper right! Maybe a little mask cutout to let that wheel rotate slowly to add to machine theme??? Just an idea...Its dang near perfect!
    Love the circuit lights!
    Nice work Almark...You've always had a knack for those futuristic interfaces!
    Cheers...ziggy

SWiSH Forum
    FlaX FX Forum

Thank you all for your comments,

I'll pass them on the the artist.

(keep'em coming!)

Almark. I know your not feeling well and all. Have you taken your site down for a long spell or did I catch it at a bad time? Would like to link to it when it comes back up. With your permission of course.

SWiSH Forum
    FlaX FX Forum

Doug (and everyone else!)

Link away, no problem, download everything from http://www.swishportal.com and use as you wish.

Doug20 see email sent just now.

My thanks

Hi Mark, hi all,

Just a quick thanks to Mark for doing the interface and for the comments that people have made. I just had a good look around this forum and it seems very professional and is well run. There are some fantastic examples that really inspire me.

Here`s a bit of flash from way back in ver. 2.
    http://www.southerngfx.co.uk/graphic...flash1/ant.htm

ps. I am not a flash user....you may be able to tell

SWiSH Forum
    FlaX FX Forum

Welcome to the Swish Forum

Good to see you here! As you have probably noticed this forum is one of the best - and similar to the ZbrushCentral in many ways - people are more than happy to help each other out, give constructive advice and do it in a way that does not offend.

New Yorker
    Almark and Southern,
    Bravo, enjoyed the whole journey, found the links no problem and lead me into Southern's site nice and easy.
    Dion