A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: memory problems

i'm having problems with memory. every time i try to import something i get warned that there is not enough memory and certain windows will be drawn grey....blah blah blah. i have currently upped mem. from 39000K to 60000K and still have problems. i just imported 10 .png files from photoshop that are roughly 60K each (the whole movie is 560K). the immages can be seen on the stage but the comp. won't let me move them or do anything to them in the time line. is it something i'm doing wrong or what? if anyone knows any prog. such as vid2flash for pcs that allows you to effectively import movie footage from premiere etc. please tell because so far importing ANYTHING has been a pain in the ass.

try allocating more memory to Flash.

control(click) on the alias(shortcut) and choose show original or go through your drive until you find the Flash program.

when found -- select the Flash program icon and hit key combo: apple + i .

select memory from the drop down and punch in your numbers.
    remember to restart Flash to see the result.

also, close the external flash player from the Finder to make your playback smoother and faster.

Do you have the quicktime public preview, or using Flash 5, instead of the flash 5.0a update? I had similar problems with flash 5, constant crashes, blah blah, then I got the update, no more crashes. I found out that the new quicktime PR makes flash unstable, you might be able to make your movies, but each time i placed them on my server space my page crashed when attempting to load in a browser. I hope this helps.