A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: illustrator eps's

Hello all,

I've been trying to import Illustrator EPS's into flash to no avail. Each time it comes in as a jumbled mess, which looks nothing like the original. If i try to copy and paste the eps, then it still looks bad but a little better. the colors are all wrong and so on. I've tried opening the eps in freehand and then importing it from there, but that doesn't work either. I always get the warning box in flash which says, "missing info.. blah blah blah.." I've tried saving it out in various versions of the eps like version 3, 4, 5, 6 and 8 but nothing works..

Help!
    thanks again in advance.

I've found that the best way to use Ilustrator files is to get Illustrator 9.0 and export all of your vectors straight into the flash format (as .swfs). It works great and the drawing tools are so much better than the ones that come with Flash.

Thanks, i'll give that a try.
    as soon as we get illustrator 9 here in the office.

If you have Illustrator 8, I used select what I wanted in Flash, and copy it. In Flash I would paste the item into a new symbol.

I've tried that, but it still doesn't comes in right. the colors are different and the gradient fills dont paste in.the illustrator file is in eps format too. maybe i'm missing something essential ...??

I used to have troubles with gradients as well. The best thing to do is leave them solid colored and then fill them in with Flash gradients. You can change the fill on everything by clicking each piece until it has the entire fill selected (everything else should look dim) and then just use your paint bucket tool.

I was hoping it wouldn't come to that, but oh well..
    i'll try that later, my day is almost over. starting to get too mad at this computer.
    thanks dude!