A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: [RESOLVED] Unload flash player to view flash detection page?

cyberup

resolved [RESOLVED] Unload flash player to view flash detection page?

Hi, I need to uload or diable my flash 4/5 players as I would like to see if my flash detection page works...how can I do this ...Any help at all would be appreciated.
    Cheers
    Craig

hmmm..... I don't think you can do that

cyberup

Yeh, Bad problem.........

I really need to check how my flash detection page reacts to a non-flash peep.
    Can you believe some people still don't have a flash player...'sheesh' LOL
    HHHEEELLLPPP

What I would actually use is I would go on a PC with a lower version of flash

cyberup

That is no option unfortunately

I have no access to any machines other than mine, I am in country Queensland , australia, LOL
    I just need to find a way to disable my flash players while I test , Hmmm I am thinking I need to head over to macromedia maybe? see what they say?
    Cheers
    Craig

The way I do it is to "move" the 'plugins' folder in Netscape (a subfolder of the 'Programs' folder in Netscape, iirc) to another folder on my harddrive (so I can later move it back into it's proper place in the Netscape folder when I'm done).

I know this can be done in slightly older versions of Netscape (probably version 4.0) but unsure about Netscape 6.

I just did a webpage and wanted to check that my "alternate" graphic worked for those who don't have flash 4/5 installed. With the plugins folder moved, Netscape couldn't show flash and sure enough my static jpg image came through fine. I'm not sure how to mimic this with Internet Explorer but assume if Netscape sees the static image when the flash plugin is removed, then IE without flash enabled would work the same way.

Hope this helps,

-Steve

cyberup

Thanx heaps Steve

I guess I will just remove my NS6 and put an older one on...