A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: iScreensaver

Secret Agent
    aside from the fact that this is another tribute to the "i" generation, is seems this could be an app with interesting new features. haven't tested it yet, but maybe worth checking out.
    versiontracker says:

* Now can handle sub-applications (such as Flash Projector files or Macromedia Director Projector files)
    I think it can make screensavers out of quicktime files and also a folder of pictures.
    the website?
    http://xochi.com/
    have fun
    -aldorr

Hi aldorr, bin aus Augsburg!

This screensaver looks interesting.
    I´ll take a look at it...

ciao

Secret Agent
    hey
    wohne in kassel...
    komme aber aus usa.

unsere seiten sind auch noch nicht ganz fertig. kommt immer was dazwischen.
    apropos screensaver:
    ich habe angefangen eine moeglichkeit mit applescript ein flash screensaver zu machen... aber jetzt scheint es nicht richtig zu funktionieren mit AppleScript 1.6
    shoot.
    ich muss mir mal die unterschiede zwischen der alten und neuen versionen anschauen.
    okay.
    cu
    -aldorr

I used iScreensaver when it was still being tweaked, it doesn't really work how one would think . It works similar to an old application called AutoLaunch, which existed even before ScreenTime for Flash did. AutoLaunch was a program, like iScreensaver, and control panel that would use an alias from the AutoLaunch items and treat it as a StartUp item and launch a Flash or Director project full screen. iScreensaver is along those routes. Which means, that users have to install this application one their machines as well if they want to use your creensavers you designed. This is a strange idea to me... like installing Flash to see your Flash content.

Anyhow... I'm not fond of iScreensaver and would suggest to other users, if you can afford it, to stick with ScreenTime for Flash. I think it is even more simple that iScreensaver as well.

ndl [screensaver designer]

Wanna know what bugs me..?

There is a PC product (name escapes me) that can take .swf files and make screensavers out of them including an installer. No need to make Flash projectors at all. The upshot is, you don't have to own Flash to make .swfs - you can use the excellent Swish (yep, PC only until Feb '02). And the cost of the Screensaver maker? Zero. [sigh]

It may help if OS X gets a screensaver environment in which modules can be loaded, cancelling the need for every screensaver needing to be a separate app.

end rant.