A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: how long will flash be around????

does anyone have any predictions of how long flash will be around? to me flash isn't as exciting as it was a year ago, and i'm wondering is it losing it's appeal?

i'm at a crossroads, whether or not i should build my websites solely in flash or a mixture of html and flash.

what impact will aol/netscape have on flash? since aol bought netscape. and we all know how problematic netscrape and aol are. will there be more bugs?

uuuggg, decisions, decisions. all feedback is appreciated.

regards, gerard

i love to blend flash and html (besides search engines like it better) flash will be around as long as their is nothing better ...with macromedia always putting out new versions i don't see i dying out anytime soon

FLASH ROCKS
    FLASH RULEZ
    FLASH WILL NEVER DIE

Originally posted by gatienza
    to me flash isn't as exciting as it was a year ago,
    Its a lot more widespread - thats one reason - not so much oooooooooo, aaaaaaaa Flash!

i'm at a crossroads, whether or not i should build my websites solely in flash or a mixture of html and flash.
    Try both - good for experience - Im finally getting round to mine about a year into Flash - [small]What a lazy sod!

i agree with flea...

flash will never replace HTML, XML or whatever, it will simply compliment it.

What I see as being the commonplace site design of the future is a basic, static XML site, but with navigation, logos and all pictures replaced by Flash, Shockwave or some other similar format. The two will compliment each other but never kill the other off.

the traveler
    as long as bandwith is an issue..

otherwise, let's face it, director blows flash away.

dont forget though that director starts outputting products that come close to being PROGRAMS - that also means all hardware is an issue (i cant play some flash due to a lack of graphics acceleration and crappy processor).

As long as hardware variety is still with us, a perfect solution is never possible.