First let me say that I'm no stranger to AS.
I have a project I'm working on which allows users to save hurricane paths plotted on a chart onto their C drive. Each time they call up the load function, the program prompts them to choose a path to load. This is done using an updated names.txt file which has the number of paths saved and Hurricane1 = "name1", Hurricane2 = "name2", etc.

The load menu consists of duplicated MC's which are positioned in a menu list with embedded buttons, which, when clicked, load the appropriate set of point data (located in a separate text file)

My older version of this project works fine, but the newest version will not load the data properly.

The only difference I have been able to isolate is a difference in the names.txt file. In the newest version, there is added "junk" representing variables that I have not (purposely) included :

&savedPaths=2&constructor=[type Function]&_proto_=[object object]&...........rest of names

Questions:
1)What could be causing these extra (variables/objects) ??
2)Why would this seemingly dormant text be screwing up my actionscripting when I am not actively using them in my project for any purpose??

Any answers/suggestions would be greatly appreciated!