A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Screen and Movie Size

Question

I know this is really simple but I need other opinions. I'm making a website 800x600 and I want my flash movie to be full screen. With that in mind, how big should I make my stage area in flash? 700x400?

Senior Moderator
    Defender of the Faith

<<<<<<FROM AN EARLIER POST>>>>>
    You can set the page to appear 100% X 100% but it will appear different in an aol screen , a
    netscape screen and a ie screen depending on what tools and menues are open. You can force the
    screen to a full screen as one soulution. Another is to use pop up winodws like I use. 640x480 is
    NTSC standard size for video. (the whole screen) If you look the 800x600, 320X240, 160X120,
    1280x1024 are all scale to the 640x480 standard. So when they constrain the window size by a
    different scale is changes the way the movie looks depending on the settings you use to display the
    movie,(show all, no boarder, exact fit) The show all works ok if you dont have anything on the out
    side of the stagearea. if you are using it to stage items then put a top layer with a window to see
    through onto the stage using the same color as the background. Thats how I rant. Regards, Bill

------------------
    Macromedians 1:1

In the beginning the web was without shape and color, and the hype covered the darkness of the net. Then there was a Flash and life came to the web and vision became reality.
    <EMBED src="/cgi-bin/ubb/Members/sigs/00000100.swf" quality=high WIDTH=375 HEIGHT=75 TYPE="application/x-shockwave-flash" PLUGINSPAGE="http://www.macromedia.com/shockwave/download/index.cgi?P1_Prod_Version=ShockwaveFlash"> </EMBED>

So are you saying I should make my movie in flash 640x480?

Senior Moderator
    Defender of the Faith

Cool

If you plan to do a full screen version, Yes. There is no right or wrong. Or even a standard, if you want to do somthing in a different format its no big deal. Your just going to have to use a pop up to make it look right. If you dont you will have large areas of wasted space on the top and bottom which could pull away from your design and make it look lost. Just some thoughts. Regards, Bill

------------------
    Macromedians 1:1

In the beginning the web was without shape and color, and the hype covered the darkness of the net. Then there was a Flash and life came to the web and vision became reality.