A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: running exe, html, and pdf from within Flash 5

Help, I am trying to get my Flash(movie1) to play an executable file from within(movie2). I want to make the main an .exe
    Do I need to leave movie2 as an swf file in order to get it to play from within the main movie?(movie1)
    Also, can I link to a PDF file from my movie?
    I posted this last week and nobody seems to know the answer, we are a little desperate here. Is there any other solution to this?

i'll have a go

the only thing i can think of is to embed the swf in a director file. Use the button in flash to pass lingo statements via the director projector to open the new exe e.g. on the flash button lingo: open "name.exe"
    This is the idea in its vaguest form but worth a look
    cheers

You can launch PDF by tweaking a projector exe file, using a file called jugglor, located at:
    http://www.***********.com/software/jugglor/

Also, using Flash 5, you can use the actionscript command GETURL to point at the PDF file, and provided the PDF reader is installed, you can open it. After much trying, however, this method doesn't seem to work consistantly.

Also, leaving movie two as an SWF, and loading from the exe, and using the Flash 5 command loadMovieNum will work.

QUOTE]Originally posted by pdgault
    Help, I am trying to get my Flash(movie1) to play an executable file from within(movie2). I want to make the main an .exe
    Do I need to leave movie2 as an swf file in order to get it to play from within the main movie?(movie1)
    Also, can I link to a PDF file from my movie?
    I posted this last week and nobody seems to know the answer, we are a little desperate here. Is there any other solution to this?