A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Flash page dies out . . .

Hi All,
    I have been working with Flash today, in efforts to update my online portfolio. I have completed the opening page, but once the movie is complete, it automatically goes to "this page not found". It looks like it is automatically looking for a page that is assigned to one of my links. Could someone help me out? I must have done something wrong in creating my links. I used text links, then turned them into button symbols, applied an 'over' state, then applied the action "Get URL" and selected the page for it to go to. Each button symbol link is on a seperate layer. Then I enabled each button. Am I supposed to end the layer with an additional stop action or something?

Any help would be appreciated! The link is:

http://members.aol.com/kardtp/flash/splashpg.html

Kristi

I have to see fla for solving that
    maybe you put some wrong getUrl action somewhere ?

maybe ...

... you put one geturl command which links to "contact.html" directly on a frame of the timeline (instead of a button)somewhere?

when the playhead reaches this frame, the browser tries to open "contact.html" automatically without the user clicking any button.

Smile I figured out the problem . . .

Thanks for the replies! CYBERDAO was right . . . I had applied my action to the frame instead of the instance for all of the links, "Contact" happened to be the last link.

For future reference, if I wanted to include my FLA for review, like STALKERT suggested, can I do that on this board? If not, how would I get my FLA uploaded for review? Send it in an email? Just curious.

Thanks again!

Kristi

hi grafiti,

i think, if you want to make your flas available, you would have to upload it by ftp and give us the link.