dcsimg
A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: xml in ie 5.5

<83)~ ratman
    i typed up an xml doc and viewed in ie 5.0 ages ago and it was fine it does all the + - thingys everywhere but it's no problem

now i try to view it in ie 5.5 and it keeps trying to open and download and just crashes the pc basically by keep popping up with ie and closing and opening.

any ideas as to the problem??

steve rat

Did you perhaps download something that would cause IE 5.5 to not be the preferred method to open up .xml files? Sometimes that's the case, where it will no longer open up in a browser window, but goes straight to a program. I know XML Spy does that.

Hope that helps...

-k

<83)~ ratman
    that's not really my problem

the problem is that ie 5.5 can't cope with my xml docs.

steve rat

You might want to confirm that you have msxml3.dll installed. This is the version of the xml parser required to read xml document. This file is usually in the system directory....system 32. If you don't have it, go the http://www.microsoft.com and search on XML The information for downloading this parser version is on their main XML home page. Also, just click on the xml document itself and see if it is able to open in the browser. ie will be the only browser at this time that has the parser... at least try to reinstall the msxml3.dll from the microsoft install...it might be missing from the 5.5 install..

if your browser is not ie ,you can use javascript to instantiate a new domdocument and load it in via javascript. hope this is of some assistance

<83)~ ratman
    thanks for you help

i do have the file msxml3.dll on my computer at the moment.

and i'm pretty sure that last time i formatted i had only 5.5 on my pc. xml docs used to work before i formatted.

should i try reinstalling it some how?

how would i go about this

i'm not much of a pc troubleshooter/fixer myself.

steve rat

Post up the XML... you may be having a problem with your namespace, etc.

I did have some problems initially with the beta release of 5.5 and xml, and a lot of problems with it in general... my advice is to reinstall or revert back to 5, unless a more stable relase is out. The public beta did some funny stuff (speaking from PC), even finding an IP out was tough for it sometimes.

Hope it helps,

fliptscript

<83)~ ratman
    i'll wait for ie 6. (not the beta version)

steve rat