A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: What Version Comes w/ IE4?

I'm a new (very new!) Flash developer, and I'm trying to find out what versions of the Flash plugin originally shipped with various versions of Internet Explorer. I have a customer who is willing to go along with a compatibility "baseline" of Win95 OSR/2.5 (which came with IE4), but I'm not sure if that has Flash 3 or Flash 4.

I'd also like to read up on the differences between the versions, if someone could point me in the right direction for my research.

Thanks, and I love the site!

Senior Moderator
    Defender of the Faith

Win 95 os2 originaly came with version 2. This means it supports basic animation. I would get some statistics from reliable sources like ZD net, cnet, devhead, and macromedia its self to show the latest verison penetration. If you want the deepest penetration in the market its still version 3 but 4 is moving in quickly. With big sites like NBCi using flash people are going to download the plug in. Regards, Bill

------------------
    Macromedians 1:1

In the beginning the web was without shape and color, and the hype covered the darkness of the net. Then there was a Flash and life came to the web and vision became reality.
    <EMBED src="/cgi-bin/ubb/Members/sigs/00000100.swf" quality=high WIDTH=375 HEIGHT=75 TYPE="application/x-shockwave-flash" PLUGINSPAGE="http://www.macromedia.com/shockwave/download/index.cgi?P1_Prod_Version=ShockwaveFlash"> </EMBED>