A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: help

i have various pieces of film footage off of premiere . is there any way to create a movie in flash through which you can view the different footage by pressing different buttons. all together they take up about 250 meg.s so its out of the question to actualy put them in the flash movie. is there anything i could do ex. add actions similar to get url etc. i'm not sure it can be done but if anyone can help me out that would be greate. thanx

Let me get a clear understanding, you want a link from a flash movie to a quicktime? You want footage inside the flash movie itself? That footage is a very large file size and there is no way people will sit and wait for it all to load. What is the size of the movies dimensions? You can export a pict sequence from Premeire, and cut the frame rate down to like 1 or 2fps.

i'm not trying to put this on the web. basically what i was hopping to do is create an interactive link between the video footage using flash, and burn it onto a cd. i'm REALY new to flash, i'm only now starting to get to grips with it. linking a flash movie to a quicktime sounds like it might be what i need. if you know any way to link the two, without actually putting the videos in the flash movie that would be great. thanx for the help

What functions do you want? What is the purpose of linking to the movie from flash?

the function? basicaly it's all about presentation. i want to take the different film experiments into college to show my tutors. i was hoping there was a way to use flash to make an interactive menu of sorts, someting like a title page, through which you could choose which piece of footage you want to view. i don't even know if flash is the program i want to be using to pull this off. i've got director but I know even less in that. anywayz thats the story- do you know anything i can do to make a movie that would link to quicktime movies? and just killing to birds with on stone what IS an acceptable siz for a .fla for the net? thanx for the help man

Well if you want presentation, Director would be the best way to go. You can embed the quicktime movie in a Diretor movie. It is fairly simple, not too much lingo involved. I write my own lingo scripts, but if you want to do it the easy way use the behaviors included with Director. Flash is good for some thing, but video at the current time is not one of them.