Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: the best mangaka

official system error
    wich one is the best in your opinion?
    I like a lot Rumiko Takahashi, and you?
    byebye!

FK's Official A&A Addict
    saint nicolas A.K.A. santaclaus

Rumiko Takahashi forever !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    ctrl+alt+del you da best =)

my 2 sense, (taste being one of them)

I'll give it to Ramiko Takahashi, she comes through with her stuff. I have to say Lum is possibly THE cutest anime girl in the known galaxy, (dah-lingggg!!!). And let's not forget Ranma nibun no ichi! Not to mention a slew of other manga she's done, (doesn't she do like 4 a month or something). But, as great and talented as she is, (she gave us Happosai, forchrissake!) I have to say my fav. would be Go Nagai. C'mon gang, don't tell me you don't know Go Nagai! Perhaps the most influential artist of Japanese mangas since Astroboy! On his roster he's created Mazinger Z, (the first giant robot manga) Keko Camen, Hannapai Bazooka, (wich was sorta lacking, but still really cool), Matashiri family, (hilarious), Violence Jack, and more notebly Cutey Honey, (cowada-i-yo), and my favorite, DEVILMAN!!!! the later of the two titles i've named just come out with new titles themselves. Anyway, that's my opinion. But then again, I didn't really like Ninja Scroll better than, say, Those who hunt elves. Akira was cool, but i hate when people talk about it, and I hate Neon Genisis, (cause of the last episode). So, who am i to judge?

P.S. a show you should REALLY check out whenever you get the chance. "the ping pong club". It's been called the "monty python of anime". Nuff said

glad to hear that from a talented guy like you =) really

awwwwwwwww

Thank you very much, blue haired akane. GOD, did i tell you enough yet, how much i LOVE your footer? Did you draw and animate akane yourself?

I don't actually know too much about anime artists... so if anyone would be willing to spend some time saying who does which anime/manga I would be really interested....

just for you quistaquay........

Some of the more notable artists/creators include Masamune Shiro, (ghost in the shell I'm sure you've heard of, Apple seed, Dominion tank police, etc.) Katsuhiro Otomo, (akira, Wings of Honiomese, other noteable stuff htat I can't remember cause it was so long ago....) the guy who made "Crying Freeman", (pick up anything this guy does. The artwork is beautiful, and it's usually an indepth yakuza story with guns, honor and all around wickedness) The guy who does Gunsmith cats, Riding bean, (he has a fascinatino with hotrods// Wich are kinda hard to come by on the slim Japanese streets,//and guns// Wich are outlawed in Japan.// So most of his stories take place in USA) Some really good anime titles that i like are: All purpose cultural cat girl Nuku Nuku, Ping Pong club, Key the metal Idol, Please save my earth, Ranma Nibun no ichi, devilman, maison ikkuku, kimagori orange road, uresai yatsura, SD gundam, (believe it or not, I've never seen any of the gundam on TV, or Japan, just the chibi. Go fig) SD Devilman/ Mazinger Z is just as funny. EVERYTHING SD IS GREAT!!! IF YOU EVER SEE ANYTHING SD< GET IT FAST!!! SD RUL#Z!!!!! I love pokemon! any anime translated from the stories of the artists mentioned in any of my posts is generally good, and you should look into it. i have tons of titles I could suggest if you would like. But this should be enough to satiate you hunger for now.....

I did a search on Google for uresai yatsura and it threw up lots of Star trek TNG sites - when i figured out why i was laughing out loud. Next time i need anime pointers I think i will sit down and watch TNG

official system error
    ok that's good!
    Thanks for "da best" Akane I'll always remember when we chatted on #flashanime
    what about Yukito Kishiro? He wrote Alita (AKA gunm)
    The guys who wrote fortified school, I really like it!!!
    And MASAKAZU KATSURA????? With mangas like "I's" and "denei shojo" (AKA Videogirl Ai)!!!!!
    Tsuomu Nikei? He wrote "Blame" wich is Fu**in' cool!!!
    And last but not least: Hayao Miyazaki...
    Should I say what wrote this guy?
    C'mon! speek!!!! ;p

i'm gonna have to say Takahashi is the best.... she may have given us Happosai, but she also gave us Kuno
    i did enjoy Toriyamas Dr Slump, what i could translate of it neways....... and we all must of loved dragonball and DbZ.......... oh well

p.s Violence Jack sucks!! horribley horribley horribley boring

Originally posted by Ctrl+Alt+Del
    ok that's good!
    Thanks for "da best" Akane I'll always remember when we chatted on #flashanime
    what about Yukito Kishiro? He wrote Alita (AKA gunm)
    The guys who wrote fortified school, I really like it!!!
    And MASAKAZU KATSURA????? With mangas like "I's" and "denei shojo" (AKA Videogirl Ai)!!!!!
    Tsuomu Nikei? He wrote "Blame" wich is Fu**in' cool!!!
    And last but not least: Hayao Miyazaki...
    Should I say what wrote this guy?
    C'mon! speek!!!! ;p

Ohhhhh: I like the style of Videogirl AI

Now to be really dense - I love the art style of Ah! My Goddess - so who did that?

official system error
    I love VGAI!!! We recorded I song about it!!!
    about Ah! my goddess, Kosuke Fujishima writes it, but I don't know nothing about him!!!
    I also liked toriyama but when I was younger!
    Now I got enough of him, also on TV there is always SON FU**IN' GOKU everywhere!!!

sippity

as far as i know the only other thing that fujishima does besides ah my goddess is, you're under arrest...and if you liked video girl AI, you'll probably also like "DNA squared". It's a show i really enjoyed (until the last episode, wich totally didn't end the way i wanted it to so i hate it and made my own!) and NO, the Devilman was NOT crying on the last episode of VGAI, he just had something in his eye! IT WAS ALLERGY SEASON FORCHRISSAKE!

i saw like the first 2 minutes of VG AI. Did any one else start singing the oingo boingo song "wierd science"?

official system error
    yeah, I know DNA and red it!
    What about I's?
    I love the girls that Katsura creates...
    I'm in love with Ai Amano and Istuki...
    Woah... So sad...

official system error
    Katsuiro Otomo
    Sci-fi to the top! Is him still alive? I heard he's dead...
    anyway Quistaquay I suggest you to try I's if you haven't red it yet!
    if you want cool sci-fi you MUST read "EDEN", "BLAME!", "FORTIFIED SCHOOL" and "SPRIGGAN"!
    Spriggan's OAV is really COOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL!!!!!
    Rumiko, what's her best manga? hmmmmmmmmmmm.....
    Urusei Yatsura or Maison Ikkoku?
    Maybe I like better Maison Ikkoku!
    Akane, have you read Her new manga, the one titled "Inu Yasha"? I did, but I didn't like it so much... sob
    It's only at its third number but... it's like an icecream with no taste...

mangaka

i have to be honest that i really don't pay attention to their names, buuuuuuuuuuuut...

MASAKAZU KATSURA's style is good. always good. i"s kinda ended stupid though... well, if devilman's right about dna, maybe it's just his trend.

the guy who does hunterXhunter and yu yu hakushou is good too. unique style that i enjoy. he has his off days though.

Yukito Kishiro is good stuff if he's the guy (correct me if i'm wrong) who did Ushio to Tora. that manga is da bomb. great style. love it. i like stories about the supernatural.

hmmmmmmm, who else...
    that's all for now.

ah yes, almost forgot

ping pong club. hilarious. i've read a few. although a little sick, it's freaking great. i own one of the videos. i think i like the mangas better.

oh yes, and a thing about eva. yes, last episode was not that good, but i hope you've seen the movie. it all comes together much better. i love weird religious spins on animes, especially when you don't see them coming. eva seemed so innocent and care free at first. just another mech anime like gundam, but then it gets so weird.
    i love it because i find religious fanatacism facinating (se7en anybody?).

ah well, sorry. it's a bit off topic.

9th Grade WC
    i have no idea what you guys are talking about
    but i thought teknoman was pretty cool