A Flash Developer Resource Site

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: the best mangaka

official system error

Re: mangaka

Originally posted by Zensho!

Yukito Kishiro is good stuff if he's the guy (correct me if i'm wrong) who did Ushio to Tora. that manga is da bomb. great style. love it. i like stories about the supernatural.
    Yukito wrote "Battle angel Alita" (aka Gunm) wich is really cool!
    I don't know the name of the guy that wrote Ushio & Tora but I watched the Movie and liked it a lot (very fuuuun!)

I hate anime.

lol, omg.........

official system error
    Originally posted by JohnDevilman
    I hate anime.
    I too...

I hate anime so much.....

I hate anime so much, that it all looks like speed racer to me and I hate breathing car fumes. we should all ride horses and each other!!! Watashi namewa John desku! TSUKEBE!!!

<show-off mode> o-er one of the very few bits of japanese i know.... watashi wa amanda desu </show-off mode>

if your (IE) browser supports ‚É‚Ù‚ñ‚²

‚*‚½‚µ ‚Í ƒAƒ}ƒ“ƒ_ ‚Å‚·

he he

riiiiiiiiiiiiiiight

maybe you guys should master english first.

Re: riiiiiiiiiiiiiiight

Originally posted by Zensho!
    maybe you guys should master english first.
    Me really most good at the english

official system error
    ok, tell me what do you mean with this japanese quisty!

ah ha - wouldn't you like to know!!! :P

Actually it is my real name in japanese

hehe

::quisty::

official system error
    woah! good!
    quisty, your best mangaka?

manga-ka:: i think i said earlier on that i don't know too much about anime - i am really only getting into it from being 'round you guys.

I like prefect blue - i think the animation style suits the story. I like ah my goddess - its the only comic(?) i have 2 of. I kinda like card captor, and i did like the 1 likkle bit i have seen of revolutionary girl utena. Video girl ai was cool.

I wanna see ghost in the shell - it is my birthday in two months time so the dvd is on the list (btw does anyone know if this has english/japanese dialogue like perfect blue???)

And of course i like genyu's blade (goes without saying)

Shock anime for best manga-ka !!

official system error
    I like the gost in the shell!
    What about princess mononoke? I love it...
    Perfect blue is... PERFECT!!!
    quisty, I remember you your ICQ turn it on!!!!
    (I edited it because I wrote "the ghost in the SELL" )
    [Edited by Ctrl+Alt+Del on 05-08-2001 at 07:07 AM]

edit it again

not like it matters, but you have "gost" in the shell now. Not like i care, i just think it's funny. BTW, studio Ghibly rocks. Anything they do is superb. If you want other epic series, Gainax, (creators of the Gainax jiggle// for more info on what that is, ASK! It really is a known term among hard core anime fans), made a great show called "Nadia: the secret of Blue Water" This show is SUPERB!!!! You'll laugh, you'll cry,you'll fall in love with Nadia! Better than just about anything. Watch it NOW!!! oh, and Clamp stuff is great too! (x1999, magical knight rei earth) If you haven't watched these, remedy that situation a.s.a.p.

official system error

Re: edit it again

........if you want other epic series, Gainax, (creators of the Gainax jiggle// for more info on what that is, ASK! It really is a known term among hard core anime fans), made a great show called "Nadia: the secret of Blue Water" This show is SUPERB!!!! You'll laugh, you'll cry,you'll fall in love with Nadia!......
    you forgot N G EVANGELION wich is superb!!! I've got all the collection on VHS, love it!!!
    so, what is that Gainax jiggle?
    I liked a lot Nadia, a good anime!!! You can see the Gainax style!!!
    Ghibli studio made the best anime movie I've ever seen!!!

the gainax jiggle.....

For one, Evangelion is garbage. I didn't come to this conclusion until i saw the last 2 issues of the series. Nothing in my life had so totally let me down. I was disguisted. THAT is why i failed to mention the much acclaimed peice of filth on film. Don't get me wrong, if they would have turned the last part of it into it's own seperate movie, (without the 20 or whatever episodes preceding them), it would have been ok. BUt, much to my chagrin, they didn't do it that way. ANYWAY.... the Gainax jiggle, is the process by wich an anime girls tits will flop around like they're paper lanterns in a tornado for no appearant reason than that of the spectators' enjoyments. THis technique was actually developed for an animation used to open Japan's esteemed DaiKon '85. It wasn't as egaggerated as some of todays female characters, but it was new, and people dug it (obviously). Since then, it has been coined as "the gainax jiggle". BTW, read sanctuary!

I have read all of your posts here =)

Anyways, one of may favorite mangaka's are the ones who made

the sorcerer hunters
    Senkaiden Houshin Engi. and of course who would forget Tetsuya Egawa of Golden Boy.

Anyways the manga Artist of Yu Yu Hakosho and HunterXHunter is Yoshihiro Togashi... husband of the famous creator of Sailormoon!

many folks like the manga artist of Blade of the Immortal...pretty good sketch artist.

oh well..=)

No mention of Tezuka Osamu, creator of Astro Boy? Granddaddy of modern anime/manga?
    One of my faves.

Re: my 2 sense, (taste being one of them)

I have to say my fav. would be Go Nagai. C'mon gang, don't tell me you don't know Go Nagai! Perhaps the most influential artist of Japanese mangas since Astroboy! But then again, I didn't really like Ninja Scroll better than, say, Those who hunt elves. Akira was cool, but i hate when people talk about it, and I hate Neon Genisis, (cause of the last episode). So, who am i to judge?

P.S. a show you should REALLY check out whenever you get the chance. "the ping pong club". It's been called the "monty python of anime". Nuff said

see? I mentioned Astroboy! I'm real! Im "in THE houw3se! yo, yeah, maing! boyyyyyyyy! oh, and i mentioned golden boy before, too! His art is as varied as frank cho (liberty meadows daily sindicated american comic strip. Check your local paper) I like how he brings so many different emotions into his character. What depth! And MAN, can he draw women naked well, OR WHAT! you like blade of the immortal? You should pick up lone wolf and cub. They just re released it, and took out alot of the editing they had in the First Comics editions from 10 years or so ago(the ones i bought back then and will now have to put aside so i can see the more brutal re-released issues) You talk about an intense storyline! You can't get harder! It was done by Kozue Koieki (the same guy who did Crying freeman). Speaking of crying freeman, the illustrator from that and Mai the psychic girl,(Ryoichi Ikegami), also did a really good book with Buronson, (fist of the north star), called "strain" about a hitman who will kill people for $5. Really cool story, and i look alot like Mayo, the lead character, so it makes it easier for me to fall into his character and relate! anyway, there are some more suggestions from a guy who buys new packages of socks every week because he's to lazy to do laundry.