A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Time problem!!!!!!!!!!

I have done a flash clock in my site.But the time has something wrong,let's say incorrect.
    E.g.My real time in my own country is 4:30pm,but it appears as 5:30pm!So,the problem is the flash clock appears the real time plus+1hr!!!!
    And my flash clock involves actionscripts,i follow the procedure in the tutorial.And i tried to figure out what's wrong with it.However,I guess nothing wrong with it.
    the first frame and second frame actionscripts is the same as follows.mydate=new Date()
    code=mydate.getHours()+":"mydate.getMinutes()
    It seems nothing wrong with it.Aren't they?Please help!!!!!

This MUST simply be due to the fact that the computer you are using Flash on is set to the wrong time, because the Flash function getHours() just returns the value in the system clock.

Correct me if I'm wrong, though.

is the time wrong when you put it to a webserver ? Because maybe your webserver is somewhere in another timezone ..

It seems there might be a bug with the daylight saving time calculation in Flash 5. Check out this thread for a very detailed discussion of the problem.

I've checked in my both PC's......

Originally posted by Andrew Staffell
    This MUST simply be due to the fact that the computer you are using Flash on is set to the wrong time, because the Flash function getHours() just returns the value in the system clock.

Correct me if I'm wrong, though.

Andrew Staffell,
    I've checked my PC's BIOS,and the windows time,it's correct.So, i think it's flash problem.If you try to run a javascript gettime function in html,it works perfectly whenever you are,holland,africa,.....So,this problem cannot be fixed entirely.Maybe i should set the variable, hour=hour-1!Anyway,thx your help.