dcsimg
A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: music does not play in next scenescene

Hi guys and girls.
    I need help with my movie. my movie begins fine with music loop in it, but when I go to my next scene, the music loop in that scene does not play. The loop in the first scene works fine when I go back to it. What am I doing wrong? The actions for the button that take you to the next scene are:

on mouse press,
    go to and play scene2 frame 1,
    stop all sounds,
    end.

and on scene2 frame 1 I have put the action: stop and the music loop.

The problem is right in front of u. Why have u put stop all sounds action with the go 2 next scene action? thats the main caus of the problem, remove it and it'll b ok, cheers

But if I do that, won't the music from the last scene play in the next scene as well. I will try it though. thanks

If u put the loop in one scene and if it has more than one loops, it'll keep on playing till the # of loops given 2 it is completed, regardless of scene change. Unless u put "stop all sounds" or "stop" to that perticular sound.

But thats the thing I want that music to keep playing forever until you press the button to the next scene where another music loop will keep playing thats why I put stop all sounds action in the button.

I tried your surgestion and it did what I thought it would do.

Smile

Ok Ok, so u what u r trying to do is on changing the scene u want the scene 1 sound to stop and scene 2 sound to start right? Heres how u do it, on the 1st frame of scene2 put the new sound and set the loops 4 whatever # of loops, then in frame 1 of another layer, put the scene 1 sound and set the sync to stop in the sound properties.Remember the stop all sounds action stops every sound in the entire file, so dont use that action.