A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Problem with telltarget and scene

I have made a movie where I wont to use first scene as a preloader. In the mainscene I have mcs, some of these are supposed to affect the timeline in _level0. This works fine with mainscene as first scene, but not with my preloader as the first one. Is there anyway to controll scenes with teltarget? Waiting for respond...Rolf norwegian flashdesigner.

need some more information about the mcs and how they are called - from which scene? etc

I think read somewhere... If scene1 has two frames next sceneframe number five is 2+5. Dont known if you understand what I meen. The hiearchy is something like this:

scene2(mainscene)
    mc1
    mc2
    mc3

(lets call them that because I dont have the .fla
    in front of me, right now)

mc3 is supposed to move the maintimeline to frame 3, where I have a backgroundloop changing and a dragmovieclip dissapering. This works when my mainscene is scene1 and I am using: _level0.gotoandStop(3)

I am sorry I am not using telltarget in this action. That was before I found out this other solution, mentioned earlier. Thank you for replying so quickly.

Again am not to sure what you mean - the number of frames in a scene has no affect on the next scene and so on.

Have you tried putting the preloader scene into a movieclip and then using this as your first frame(s) of your main scene. This way you are keeping the root timeline the same for all movieclips - if this is your problem??

Sorry if i cant be of any more help

http://www.gilese.com
    Flash site to be posted soon

To target the root from a movie clip you must label the frame on the root and use;

_root.gotoAndPlay("labelname");

~mgb

Smile Thank you

Thanks guys!! Dealing with lots of problems these day and it looks like doing a if frame loaded action inside a mc is the answer. Hard to simulate when you are on "much too fast" bitrate. Another thing... It is difficult to know what the last frame loaded should be, when your dealing with lots of mc's. Do anybody know how too find out the last frame in such situation.

Rolf