A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: I am strarting a new website. Need feedback on logo

resolved

This is my first draft. What do you think?
    [Edited by Cion on 05-01-2001 at 07:01 PM]

nice..

Looks ok... But I think you need a different font. Fonts would make it look awsome. Check out the Flash Kit font section they have a ---- load of fonts. And mybe some lighting ?

yeah, like he said, a cool font, some embossing?, a dropshadow?.

Rogue

FK Times - Editor in Chief
    My Good Little Birdie

yep a little cooler font and maybe a dropshadow and make sure the border goes around each letter (esp the 1st lowercase e)

Well, I know your just learning and everything, and those guys were really nice, but i'm going to be blunt. That logo won't work, here's why:
    Logos should be 1 or 2 colors.
    Logos should be easy to read.
    Logos need to get across a "look" for your company, yours doesn't really have a look.
    Need better fonts, maybe make your own lettering.
    Special Effects can look good in some situations, so check them out to see.

Keep on trying cause you'll never learn any other way. Cool? Peace,

I suck. I know. Sigh.

FK Times - Editor in Chief
    My Good Little Birdie

Hey now Cion don't be down. I think Neoracle was a little harsh. There aren't really guidelines for makign a logo. If you like it, then it's perfect. No questions asked.

Naw. It's not that. It's the fact that I can't make a website that anyone would pay money for. I shoulda signed up for the Assoc. Degree in Networking like I originally wanted to. But here I am taking the Webmaster program.

I need to make money. That's the whole point. And I don't think I can with this sh--. Oh what a world.

But I am liking this Database stuff. That seems to be more of a sure thing. But web designing, god! It's bullsh--! You can know all the technology of it and still suck. It's so stupid. Damn universe!

Here's Suck Draft #2:

draft 1 isn't loading for me but I can say for draft 2 that you should try using something other than plain text with a shadow. Do something with the shape or form.

Don't limit yourself with photoshop, try sketching it out first and then try drawing it on the puter.

Well, my logos and sites may suck, but I can make cool textures:

(Btw, the image in my first post is gone, that's why. I removed the link.)

Hey here is an example logo to shoot for I made it in five minutes. but try to get creative on that logos ass. you can use this logo on your site if you like it but link to http://www.leihu.com if you do.

dont' loose ur heart man!
    except the font as everybody said, urs was nice!
    everybody wants you to make it still better, thats it!

u can try getting fonts from FK, try some newfonts!!

-good luck,pf.

Nice one puffy. Well, I wish I had swift 3d. That would help. Hmmmm.... Most of the fonts I see on fk aren't that legible when I use them, lol...

Here is #3:
    [Edited by Cion on 05-05-2001 at 01:41 AM]

professional logos are rarely complex things, neoracle was right, it should be 1 or 2 colours and simple, especially if you're even going to use it off your website, which as a company logo you should design for.

your second effort wasn't that bad, you have to think about what you are trying to express with your company, should it look cutting edge, professional and clean, friendly, shouldn't you use a texture in it if that's what you're selling? Think about all this before you even sit down and draw anything.

puff's logo is ok but i like your second effort better, it would reproduce better and i don't really know what puff's logo is trying to say whereas yours is expressing something clean and fun with a hint of creativity

take a look in the real world at logos that appeal to you and think about why they do. More often than not you'll see that they are simple as all hell but express perfectly what that company wants to get across.

also think about how it will look on your web page, it should stand out without dominating or dictating the rest of the design, a good logo will fit anywhere.

your third try is good too, just looking at it, you're on the right lines, keep at it, most logos go through many stages ofg design, three is nothing

cion, why don't you tell us what the logo is for...it's a lot easier to come up with something appropriate that way.

what's the site about? what's it's purpose? target audience? etc.

My site is offering a bunch of textures for use in websites or 3d animation or whatever. It's pretty straightforward.

And I do like my last logo too.

I think what everyone is trying to say is that it should relate to what your offering. Either the text should have textures to them such as:

or should have something in the background with textures such as this:

Of course the logo has to pass the strictest critics out there.....you! and your visitors.

Hope this helps!