A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: flashkit openhouse :)

caithness massiv
    ok... so i've decided to create a virtual tour of my house in flash... and you are all invited

click anywhere to move around... you can even take a look at my fishtank (and all sorts of other stuff in my house)

if you want to see the start of it, go here

p.s. it's just under 500k ... so if you don't feel like waiting around, don't worry about it

Unemployed
    That is awesome, especially the reflection of you in the tv and the little mirror

And the fact that the clock says 12:05 which means you were up well past your bedtime doing this AV!!! Big smacks!

Anyway, it felt like Riven and Myst all over again, a job well done!

that was awesomw the only thing ya need to do now is the dishes

Welcome to flavour country
    That was great man. Really cool. I always find a bit of clutter adds to the atmosphere. Love the Dali prints too.

Did you do that for school or for your own enjoyment?

P.S. I love broadband.

caithness massiv
    haha... yeah, dishes seem to be my enemy lately

wiz, i just did it for the hell of it... eventually, it will go up on my site, but i've got to make some changes... this was 'practice'

ok jezza, you caught me... i should have been in bed i blame my insomnia on flashkit!!!!!

FK Times - Editor in Chief
    My Good Little Birdie

hahaha awesome job vivid!

groovy baby!

do you really live in the springs? i was just there visiting my sister this weekend, it was nice

Retired *********
    woah...sweet!

excellent vivid!! really cool, what is that picture above the sink? It looks awesome! Not so sure about the spaniels picture though

good stuff!

Nice work! But I wanted to look in your fridge
    Mmm... Food...

caithness massiv
    mac -- yeah... i lived in the springs until i graduated highschool (cheyenne mountain) ... i moved to boulder for a few years, and now i live in denver do you live in colorado then?

aversion... the picture above the sink is a postcard sent to me by my girlfriend... it really is a nice one the spaniels have been passed down in my family for a few generations... you aren't a dog fan?

banglafreak -- well, eventually you will be able to open the fridge! i don't know how much is in there, though

the overall theory behind this project is to generate a 'choose your own adventure' style piece where everything is interactive, and the user can literally do anything they want...

i've got to figure out a way to get everything to load correctly... any ideas??? maybe i should load rooms at a time, and not let the person go into the next room until it's completely loaded...

You should take a picture, move one inch forward, and take another picture. Continue this so you have every angle of every room in the place. Run them at 30 FPS, add in keyboard controls, multiple user interaction, lots of cookies, and you've got a full featured game!

CapTy99.com Webmaster
    i zoomed in and even though the quality wasnt the best, im pretty sure that there are no fish in the fishtank. is it there for looks? haha.