A Flash Developer Resource Site

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Female Flash Designer Wanted In Houston!! INSANE OPPORTUNITY!!

resolved

eFlash Technologies, a provider of Build-it-Yourself Flash Websites, is on the brink of revolutionizing the Web Industry.
    eFlash Technologies is looking for a female touch in the Flash webdesign field. We are looking for creativity, dedication, and the ability to adapt and learn quickly.
    This is the most comfortable, relaxing, and desireable work environment, even if you are used to working at home.
    If you would like to apply for the position, send me along a digital resume, or just some examples of your work.

Send all inquries to
    flashjobs@eflashtech.com

Rob Page-Auger
    Lead Multimedia Developer
    eFlash Technologies
    "Where Smart Money is Made"
    Houston, TX

sounds like another FK dating service

derrickito
    you bastards are still in business??

dont feel bad for selling lame flash templates?

and whats up with this "chick" specific post. its a little sexist dont you think?

go post on monster.com,

oh and if you didnt get the drift a few months ago:

NO ONE LIKES YOU, FLASH TEMPLATES DONT MAKE FLASHERS HAPPY!
    you undercut us and make cookie cutter un-original designs.

in the words of almost live: "LAME LAME LAME!"

derrickito
    oh jesus! you dont even work for them, you put flash templates up on your site in affiliation with them.

sorry to inform you, but its pretty cheesy. you'd be much better off making your own custom work.
    those intro's are campy

I'm wondering why you are requesting a female....

he truthh is, Flash still bears the stigma of being ahead of its time. The average company shys away when Flash is mentioned. They think bandwith, loading time, processor bogs. It's time that SOMEONE does something to bring it mainstream.
    eFlash offers people who have no idea how to use flash a way in, easing that stigma one person at a time.

We are doing EVERY flash designer a favor.

The more that we get clients, the more work you will see.

I know our templates are not for everyone. But there are PLENTY of people that are perfect for.
    People who, for instance, don't want to deal with outrageous programming fees. People who want changes made, without having to call a designer, or keep one in house. People who just want a better home page.

Don't fear what you dont know. People will get our templates, grow their business, and then call one of you guys/gals to create something much bigger and better.

Look at it as a stepping stone. An entry way to the wonderful world of Flash.

And Im not here to make Flashers happy. I am here, just like we all are, to make money, and to do what we love, which is EXACTLY what we do.

Rob Page-Auger
    Lead Multimedia Developer
    Eflash Technologies
    (Yes, I DO work for the company)

"We are doing EVERY flash designer a favor."

That's a bold claim if I ever heard one. How do templates do me a favor as a designer/developer? I'm one of EVERY flash developer out there, I don't see any favors coming my way.

"People will get our templates, grow their business, and then call one of you guys/gals to create something much bigger and better."

Prove it. Why wouldn't they just keep crutching on templates? It's cheaper. Besides, I'm sure you're planning on improving your product / services and enhance the quality, just like any other business would. Let's see a few case studies to back it up.

"go post on monster.com, "

Damn skippy. Cheap people use templates. Cheaper people won't pay monster.com fees to get talent.
    [Edited by PAlexC on 05-01-2001 at 04:05 PM]

derrickito
    how does a campy intro of a airplane help anyone? its a waste of bandwidth, they arent quick to load, and they are actually useless.

and not too mention, how would YOU feel if you bought something from a website, then saw your neighbors website with the same intro?

time wasting intro's arent helping me. either are cookie cutter websites.

Blue Haired Muppet

Originally posted by robbiedigital

We are doing EVERY flash designer a favor.
    Personally, I think not. I happen to love making flash animtaions (original ones). In fact, I have never used a template. It is a nice idea, and a great way to make money, but I happen to be against selling templates. I have nothing against you or your site, unless you are stealing things from other sites, and I can see why derrickito is mad...but calm down man, he is just trying to make money. However, I still don't get the female thing.

derrickito
    i got on his case because i thought he was from the eflashtechnologies directly. he isnt, hes just an affiliate.. hopefully he sees the errors of that affiliation

why did you post looking just for a girl?

Welcome to flavour country
    Originally posted by Xerxes
    I still don't get the female thing.
    Don't worry. You will once you're older.

Man you are a touchy bunch
    About the female thing...
    We are looking for A female touch on our templates, and presentations.We are interested in a thought process that can understand a female's perspective.
    And any of you who say thats sexist, stop your whining. You obviously don't have much business sense. But, Anyone interested in sending some examples of their work is welcome to apply. If we feel that you can reach the female demographic, we will surely consider you for the job

cookie cutter flash templates doing us a favour?

man, this is not doing me a favour, not now and not when people find out that they've been ripped off with poor design and decide never to trust a web designer again.

exaggeration i know but what the heck i've seen it happen.

Originally posted by aversion
    cookie cutter flash templates doing us a favour?

man, this is not doing me a favour, not now and not when people find out that they've been ripped off with poor design and decide never to trust a web designer again.

exaggeration i know but what the heck i've seen it happen.

Hear hear! Those templates blew.

By the way, what is the "woman's touch"? Any designer worth his or her salt can design exactly what the customer wants.

You know, if you really want to make some real money, and have a great time, and have a client list of over 5000 business and corps. You could send me an email to me...

I only posted this up here because I think this Site houses THE BEST WEBDESIGNERS I have ever seen, and you cant find **** on Monster.com
    And I DO work directly FOR company.

No thanks. I already make good money and have a good time at work. Our client list is fine on it's own, they enjoy getting quality custom work that's tailored to their needs and kicks ass. How 'bout them case studies?

Fresh Prince of FK
    hahahah WHAT A LOAD OF SHYTE!!! Take a hint, man! Cookie cutter sites suck. Just look at Balthaser and Moonfruit. NO BODY WANTS THEM!!

Blue Haired Muppet

see...this is what happens when they close the job forums. The posts come here...and everyone gets is a fight about it. waaaaah....I want the job forums back!

You know, if you really want to make some real money, and have a great time, and have a client list of over 5000 business and corps. You could send me an email to me...

I only posted this up here because I think this Site houses THE BEST WEBDESIGNERS I have ever seen, and you cant find **** on Monster.com
    chances are there are people here that make more money than you do, chances are i do , but that's not the point.

You'll find a lot of people here want to do good work, they want something they can be proud of. I have an active client list of 6 companies, and you know what? That's plenty thanks.

there's nothing 'wrong' with what you do, it just goes against everything most people here want. I'm sure you'll find someone to take your position but don't expect us to be nice about what is purely business when we like to add a little art and individuality to what we do.

[Edited by aversion on 05-01-2001 at 05:43 PM]

Fresh Prince of FK
    Originally posted by aversion

chances are there are people here that make more money than you do, chances are i do , but that's not the point.

You'll find a lot of people here want to do good work, they want something they can be proud of. I have an active client list of 6 companies, and you know what? That's plenty thanks.

there's nothing 'wrong' with what you do, it just goes against everything most people here want. I'm sure you'll find someone to take your position but don't expect us to be nice about what is purely business when we like to add a little art to what we do.

DAMN STRAIGHT!! Averision! This one's on me!!