A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Macromedia student design contest

Not sure if you all are aware of this, and with so many talented younger designers frequenting these boards, it would be a shame if we didn't hear of at least a few fully-flashed FK member entries...

This contest is open to full-time students (must be 14 or older to enter) in the United States and Canada, except Quebec, who are attending educational institutions including elementary, middle and high schools and accredited 2-year and 4-year colleges and universities.
    Full info is here

i'm on that watch me go i bet the competition will be tough though some of these damn kids blow me away good thing they broke it up into catergories

damn... so I can't join...sigh....any contests for asians???

.......... *dumbfounded*

You know what's so ironic, here Macromedia is doing a nice promotion with younger generation of web designers, but really, 14 and up? It'd be damn funny if the winning entry was created with pirated softwares :P yeah, there are free trial downloads of the softwares, but we are talking about group of web-savvy people here.. The only legit SW some of these ppl use is Windows that came pre-packed with the computer.

DREAM!
    Oh to be a student again . . .
    . . . a life full of booze, birds, er, birds, booze, and er birds and booze.
    AND you get to enter competitions where the prizes are worth winning (perhaps)

Re: .......... *dumbfounded*

Originally posted by macross_801
    You know what's so ironic, here Macromedia is doing a nice promotion with younger generation of web designers, but really, 14 and up? It'd be damn funny if the winning entry was created with pirated softwares :P yeah, there are free trial downloads of the softwares, but we are talking about group of web-savvy people here.. The only legit SW some of these ppl use is Windows that came pre-packed with the computer.
    For a lot of people, myself included, pirated software is the only way that they would be able to design anything. The schools dont have, their parents wont buy $2k worth of software, and the kids cant afford it.

I look at it this way, if I have the money to buy it, then I will buy it. If I don't have the money, then I pirate it, it is no loss to Macromedia if I have a pirated copy or not, it is no loss to the company, I wasn't going to buy the software anyway. I support the company in the only way that I can, and that is the free word of mouth advertising.

IMHO

CapTy99.com Webmaster
    dang, now i have 2 buy a real version , ur right i dont know any 14 year olds with the true thing. hahaha. actually i bought mine a few weeks ago scared i would get fined or something.

and Europe????